Friday, August 24

Girls in their Teens


Last week I treated myself to this old magazine full of sewing patterns. The instructions are way over my head and a few pages are missing at the end, but if you're interested shout me for a closer look at the print.

Anyway, I am drooling over quite a few of these, so I thought I'd share:


The one with the cape (actually: all of the ones with capes..) is just too sweet. The way the fabric is gathered around the waist is also a neat detail, no?
And those "beach pajamas" are pretty rad too :D

Told you the capes got to me: The one with the scalloped waistline is by far my favourite :)




The drawings are so sweet in themselves :) I am not particularly into vintage when it comes to nightwear, but don't the two girls at the bottom of the page just belong in a picture book:

Which of the patterns is your favourite?


4 comments:

  1. I like both of the caped items you commented on! Many lovely designs here--though none of these girls have any hips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mary smithAugust 24, 2012

    Hi, please see my new site. Check out my next before last entry there. If you think it's important, please pass it on.
    http://www.styletestdummies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could see you wearing them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabel KnowlesAugust 27, 2012

    This is absolutely stunning. I always want to rip these apart so I could frame every one of them but I know that would be a shame to do. All the clothes are amazing - I wish I had looked as stylish as those illustrations in my teens!

    ReplyDelete