Tuesday, July 17

Splash!






When the river finally flooded the meadow I usually take my photos at, my first thought was: A chance to show off my wellies!

I bought them at Glasto after the pair I arrived in developed leaks that gaffa tape alone could not fix.  I've been getting plenty of wear out of them over these last few splashy months.


Some boys were getting a real kick out of riding their bikes through the impromptu lake, while a little girl was equally fascinated with the myriad dead earthworms, moving like reeds in the water.

I might be all grown up, but I took a few extra photos just so I could splash through the water just a little longer myself.


Luckily there isn't an awful lot of flooding in the area. Just the wet lands around the river, rather than residential areas. So I don't have to feel guilty for enjoying the flood quite this much. That's forgetting about the unlucky earthworms of course.. ;)

See you later in the week, have a good one!


cardi: h&m
blouse: peacocks years ago
not quite a rose: present
skirt: next via eBay (altered)
plain old wellies: glasto stall

4 comments:

  1. fashionforgiantsJuly 17, 2012

    This sounds odd, but I loved flooded meadows.  Well, I love meadows in general, but when I was little, I had a lot of fun in a nearby meadow when it flooded.  So, yeah, fond memories.

    Gracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Around here, we dig for earthworms to use as fish bait.  And that's quite a big puddle for your Wellies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear there isn't a lot of flooding there.  Those are not always too fun. . .although I must admit that living in floods every single year, some of the small ones are fun. 

    Love these shots. You look like you had so much fun taking them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. M MalketaJuly 19, 2012

    I love the colours in your outfits!Xoxo from Spain!
    http://malketa.blogspot.com.es/ 

    ReplyDelete