Sunday, July 29

Button up




I wear mint all the time and I wear pink just as much, but I've been keeping those two colours separate. I don't think I've worn them in the same outfit, or in any case, so rarely I can't be sure I ever have. The other day Kate of Scathingly Brilliant mentioned how mint & pink is one of her go to combinations and with that in mind I grabbed for pink tights, cardi and earrings when I was having a minty day last week.

I only really wore the cardi first thing in the morning, when there was still a nip in the air, but I wanted to show you, so I quickly put it back on for photos after work. So in case you're wondering: No, I didn't run around with my cardi buttoned up wrong all day. That's a special sartorial treat for you guys ;D



Friday evening I cycled around on my new bike (it'll make it's first appearance on the blog shortly) and then we went out to watch the Olympic opening ceremony with some friends. We were watching in a pub, so the spectacle played out silently to the beat of some old dance hits. We had fun heckling Britain through the ages, but really we all thought it was a pretty good show.

When Austria did their flag waving lap of honour I attempted a little faux-yodel, and had to laugh when I realised I was actually wearing a dirndl for the occasion (these photos are from the day before).


We spent most of yesterday (that's today for me - I am scheduling this post for tomorrow morning) clearing up the old house, which is as near as dammit ready for check out now. We were absolutely pooped by the time we got home and apart from putting together this blog post I've done nothing but lounge about and gorge myself on sweets.

And on that note: Have a great rest of the weekend, I am having a rest!

blouse, brooch & skirt: etsy
cardi: primark
earrings: buttons (DIY)

3 comments:

  1. oranges_and_applesJuly 29, 2012

    Lovely ice cream colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Pink and mint perfection!

    I'm excited about seeing your new ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strung_Out6025July 29, 2012

    Oh how I love that brooch. also the mint and pink is a lovely combination on you, very pretty

    ReplyDelete