Friday, May 18

If I were a superhero I'd be the procrastinator




When it comes to keeping in touch with friends.. I am a real flake. Abominable actually. It's not that I don't think of them and wonder how they are doing, it's the actual keeping in touch part I am nightmarishly bad at.

Over the past couple of weeks I finally sent a slew of long overdue emails. Apologising profusely for my radio silence and updating old friends on what's been happening in my life over the past year.. or two.

Once I actually stop worrying about it and just get in contact already! it's absolutely awesome to find out what everybody has been up to. Catching up rules.. It's easy once you get a round tuit.


Anyway, I feel just a little smug about my current lack of interpersonal procrastination*. Hell, since getting a smart phone I've even been answering text messages (yes, I have a history of shying away from phones too).

In fact, that smart phone has made all the difference: Take it from me, it's an invaluable tool for the socially inapt. I mean, I actually check my emails numerous times a day now, back when I had a "phone-phone" I'd leave my inbox to fester for weeks or months at a time (just like my facebook account). I am sure the socially capable can appreciate smart phones too, but I wouldn't know about that ;D



So, does keeping in touch with other humanoids come easy to you, or do you have to give your own arm a sharp twist like I do?


*okay, okay - there are still a couple more emails to write 

sweater & brooch: etsy
jacket: topshop years ago
skirt: present - A most lovely colleague of mine had a wardrobe clear out the other day and brought in a bag of goodies for the rest of us. I scored this awesome skirt :)
tights: eBay


5 comments:

  1. I also find it hard to keep in touch with a lot of people... I do try to email a couple that are not on facebook and the such, bnut other than that it's sometimes impossible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine WallaceMay 19, 2012

    I'm totally terrible at keeping in touch. Terrified of the phone, and forget it exists when I'm at home.  I'm good with email, but these days most of my friends keep in touch on facebook, and I hardly go on there!  I'm the worst at initiating the conversation, and I think that makes me an awful friend.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat MellonMay 19, 2012

    I'm wild over how you did your nails. Totally rad! That's a great choice of a superpower as well. I think I'd have to pick something similar, to be honest. (I'm pretty bad about returning friend's emails!)

    http://www.tallblondeartist.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca KummerfeldMay 20, 2012

    Ag - I procrastinate too - even WITH a smart phone. I think "oh I need to respond properly and should wait till I'm at my computer"...then forget. But yay for good intensions rights?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am an introvert in all senses of the word.  I even tell my students that the quickest way to get a response from me is to send an e-mail, but in THEIR world an e-mail is a serious thing and far less preferred than a text message.

    ReplyDelete