Monday, May 28

Hazy Daze: Diesig




So, as soon as I'll be on a flying visit to Austria as this post goes live, I figured I'd feature a token bit of German in the title.

A number of my colleagues are based in Germany, but regularly join us in our English office. So when one of them commented on how "diesig" it was out, I realised I'd forgotten all about the German word for "hazy". It's been lodged in my mind ever since. Whatever else I am thinking about, it'll randomly pop into my mind: Die-sig. (dee-sig) I guess I like the sound of it :)

In Cambridge the rain finally stopped and has been replaced by a heavy heat. Well, it's pretty diesig. You could cut yourself a slice of air. No complaints here though, I absolutely love it. Here's hoping it's also nice and warm where I am going (or I guess.. where I already am and am about to return from today ;))



dress & pistachio tights: eBay
cardi: asda
ring & earrings: present
brooch & bangle: etsy
clogs: moheda

7 comments:

  1. oranges_and_applesMay 28, 2012

    hehe, it's a good word! iI'm sure it will be hot in Austria too, its too hot for cardigans in brussels, and tights and long sleeved things in general, which is making it difficult for me to dress, it's so unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oranges_and_applesMay 28, 2012

    p.s. have you considered getting rid of disqus now blogger does threaded comments? Disqus doesn't work at work, which is why I comment so infrequently here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the weather is amazing for you, it's definitely still boiling in the UK. Have an amazing time. Oh, and you look stunning xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is so beautiful and I love how your photographs capture the dappled shade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. IE7 by any chance? At least that's what hampers my blog reading at lunch :)

    I have thought about it, but I rely quite heavily on my white and black list, so although I usually get fairly few comments the thought of doing all this by hand doesn't really inspire.

    Also, I can't comment on the regular blogger platform via my smart phone but disqus works.

    I think I'll have to check my stats and see what comes out tops :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the old styled bib collar on this. I now feel like getting some tea and biscuits! 

    ReplyDelete