Wednesday, April 4

When Cameron was in Egypt's land... let my Cameron go!

I could tell you all about declined offers on houses and the manic desk jockeying I've been doing this past week but here's what I'll be going on about instead:

You know the kind of films you can watch over and over and still you never tire of seeing them one more time? The kind of movie you find yourself quoting and when flicking through channels you are always sure to stop right there?

Well, in pure, unadulterated geekness I have compiled a list and there are six movies that I'll watch any old time they're on. Even if that's two days in a row. Here goes..


"When they do you in, pray it's somebody who knows *where* to shoot"
I used to love watching Westerns with my Dad and one stuck with me more than any of the others. Unfortunately somewhere along the way of growing up I forgot the title and all the plot points. All that remained was a vague sense of this A-MAZING Western I could not name. One night a few years ago I was about to fall asleep, when I recognized the sound of a harmonica coming from the TV David was still watching in the other room. I was up in seconds and stoked to watch Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) for the first time in over a decade.
The cinematography is stunning, the pacing perfect and I could just spew praise for hours :)

"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"
Yeah, you already know I am a devoted Palahniuk fan. Fight Club (1999) is one of those rare cases where I prefer the film to the book. Not that I dislike the novel, it's just that the movie is so darn perfect. I first watched this a long while after it came out but I got lucky and nobody had spoiled me for the big reveal. Not that the movie is any less awesome once you know what's up.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
If I ever need reminding that it's all about the small things in this life, Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1988) sure does the job.


"I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship"
Casablanca (1942) is another movie I never pass up. What can I say, I guess you all must have seen it. If not, you better remedy that right away!

Do androids dream of electric sheep?
I don't think that line is actually in the movie but here we have another clear case of movie over book (well, short-story).  Blade Runner (1982) is all kinds of awesome. I guess one fine day I'll have watched it enough times to figure which cut to recommend over the others.

"Negative. I am a meat popsicle."
The Fifth Element (1997) is pretty darn hilarious, action-packed sci-fi. You should most certainly see this at least once.


Nope, I have no clue how often I've seen any of these so far. Many happy reruns :D
Bye for now, I am about to lodge myself in the sofa and watch Fight Club :)


beret, camera ring & skirt: eBay
blouse: etsy
brooch: present
cardi: primark
jacket: tulle via modcloth
belt: from a dress
earrings: accessorize
bracelet: present & supermarket
clogs: lotta from stockholm


6 comments:

  1. fashionforgiantsApril 04, 2012

    Love this outfit and love your movie choices.  I've never seen the Western you mention, but I LOVE Westerns as a rule.  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is my favorite.  I'm also a big Palahniuk fan - I think I've read most of his books.  And I loved The Fifth Element - it's surprisingly really great.  And Blade Runner is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose japanApril 04, 2012

    Stef!!! Hi...beautiful ...beautiful photos and colors...

    Kisse rose jp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca KummerfeldApril 05, 2012

    A Passover title - love it! And also need to get stuck into some of these I haven't yet seen! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. andibgoodeApril 05, 2012

    I love this list! Casablanca is one of my all-time favourite movies...in fact, I often define my favourite movies as ones I can watch over & over, as opposed to the ones I think are crafted best/best cinematography/dialogue, etc. (though the two aren't always mutually exclusive).
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is also favourites for me (Sergio Leone rules) - I got a feeling you'll enjoy Once Upon A Time in the West :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I love all the ones I've seen on this list, and also 'the good, the bad, and the ugly' as well as any great western (so I look forward to watching 'once upon a time in the west'), I have two recommendations for you. One is Emir Kusturica's 'black cat, white cat' (which I would happily watch every single day, and in which appears a great fan of 'casablanca'). The other, which I feel maybe slightly less sure you will like but which I would also happily watch very frequently, is 'babette's feast' (Gabriel Axel). These are my two favourites. I hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete