Sunday, April 1

Absorbing Light


You all know I've been wearing crazy colourful outfits for a long while now and to be perfectly honest: I am fed up with the incessant brightness. Also, I'll be turning thirty this summer and it really is time for me to sober up and dress like an adult.

In short: I have decided to make a change and stick to monochrome looks from now on. It's a big step and I am excited for this long overdue change to how I present myself :)


I've made a start with dying many of my clothes black and I am really pleased with the results. It's just so much easier on the eye :)

It's lower maintenance too: I can just grab into my wardrobe blindly and rest assured that whatever I fish out will go together. Nothing clashes! Seriously guys, this is the best decision I have made in a long time.


Don't think so? Yeah, me neither..
If you're up for something even more silly, check out last year's penis envy inspired April 1st post.


t-shirt: borrowed from David
earrings, hat & bow brooch: present (pass me down from my Mom)
skirt: h&m years ago


11 comments:

  1. I believed you for a SECOND. you almost got me until i realized you would never do this!!
    thanks for the laugh!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha very funny! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi stef!!! Beautiful...

    Kisses rose jp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I didn't even remember it was april's 1st.. I did believe you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I almost believed you! almost..

    ReplyDelete
  6. oranges_and_applesApril 01, 2012

    haha, I was wondering what was going on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine WallaceApril 01, 2012

    Thank goodness it's April's Fools Day!  I'd be miserable if you converted to all black all the time!  

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily_RubySlippersApril 01, 2012

    You got me. ; )  I was wondering how I could tactfully suggest that you're crazy... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. :-)))) ... im ersten Moment hab ich´s Dir echt abgenommen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew, you had me worried there! What a great April Fools post - and you are totally rocking the monochrome too.

    ReplyDelete