Saturday, March 24

Shut up winter!

Last autumn I went out for outfit shoots nearly every day to ensure I could keep posting regularly during the short, dark days of winter.

I did so well at this that I ended up with some left over outfits and since the clocks will be going forward in the small hours tonight, I thought I'd offer you my "leftovers" in one go - think of it as an "outfit winter stew"



coat & poof-ball hat: primark
gloves: boots
dress: tara starlet (altered)
brogues: office


The post title is inspired by Super, which I recently watched. Out around the same time as Kickass, it lost out at the box office. Personally I thought Kickass was good fun but.. vapid. Dark comedy Super on the other hand is what I'd call a proper super hero movie: Our masked avenger is a troubled man  and his choices are morally ambiguous at best.

The Crimson Bolt's catch phrase "Shut up crime!" really tickled me and I've been telling my workday to shut up all week and now that we are finally switching to British Summer Time  I can tell winter to shut up as well ;)
Here goes: Shut up winter!



hat: present (pass me down)
blouse & tights: h&m
brooch: decoylab (etsy)
bracelets: present and market stall
cardi: primark
skirt: anabellefuzz (etsy)
backpack: present
boots: eBay





earrings: present
dress & skirt: modcloth
denim jacket: h&m (2001)
necklaces: vintage fair & DIY
brooch: vintage fair
pale yellow tights
clogs: office


Have a brilliant second half to your weekend :)


9 comments:

  1. melissa whiteMarch 24, 2012

    You look really lovely in red!  I wish I could say the same for me.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi !!! Beautiful dress...

    Kisses rose jp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca KummerfeldMarch 25, 2012

    A lovely stew! :) I am super impressed that you were so dedicated that you have left overs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the willow trees in the first photos and the thistles and cows in the last set...wish I had such settings to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfits! I had actually never heard of Super until you mentioned it here, and looking at the IMDB profile it actually has some of my favourite actors/actresses in lead roles! I'm going to have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily_RubySlippersMarch 25, 2012

    A great three outfits... I can't even imagine how organized you must have been last fall... I'm incapable of dressing well for too many days in a row.  These are three delightful locations too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is a little magical dreamland.  Do you live in Europe?  The backgrounds are amazing.  It's like a vacation for my mind.

    And I love your nails!  Do you ever show DIYs?  I'd like to learn how you did those...

    ReplyDelete
  8. your outfits are so lovely! i love your nails too!
    awesome blog you have here!
    xxhttp://citylaundry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you :) I grew up in Autria but live in England (Cambridge).
    I haven't done a nail polish tut yet but I might well do soon. You can find the instructions I use over at Kaylah's.

    ReplyDelete