Friday, March 16

Needful Things




This past winter I got it into my head that neutrals were a needful thing. As a result I got me a corduroy skirt in a nondescript colour: You know, not quite khaki, not quite beige and definitely not anywhere near cream. I wore it a few times (here for instance) but soon enough I started giving the skirt the stink eye in passing and begrudged it the wardrobe space it was taking up. The charity shop bag loomed..

Machine dye to the rescue: I'd only used hand dye before - which is messy at best, so I was really impressed with this alternative. Easy as pie, no mess and a brand spanking new purple skirt!

In personal news, yesterday our kettle exploded (okay, "explode" is misleading, but the loud POP! POP! sounds and fried circuitry stench was pretty spectacular and warrants the misuse of the word) and my push bike is in the shop (oh, wobbly rear tire.. You made me into a pedestrian once again!).



Musically, right now I am really taken with Walk Off the Earth's cover of Somebody That I Used To Know and Pearl and The Beard's Oh, Death! and Sweetness.  I've still not heard the whole new Black Keys album but Lonely Boy is all kinds of awesome. Plus the video has the most brilliant dancing.

Weekend ante portas! Make it a most excellent one :)

beret & camera ring: eBay
earrings: present
blouse: all-mighty
cardi & plastic bangle: primark
button ring: DIY
bow ring: accessorize
wooden bracelet: market
coat: tesco
skirt: next via eBay (dyed)
boots: corral




6 comments:

  1. kendra millerMarch 16, 2012

    the black keys album is pretty grand =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, impressive.  the purple is definitely more "you".  i love the play of rust and purple--they're not two colors that i immediately think of as complementary, but they go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been listening to Somebody That I Used To Know constantly! It's the sorts that gets stuck in the head. Also, thank you for the tutorial, tried it the second I saw how ( 
    http://sunshineoverthemountains.blogspot.in/2012/03/seeing-doubles.html )! My pictures aren't as nice as your's, but it was a lot of fun :)

    Priya
    Sunshine Over The Mountains

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca KummerfeldMarch 17, 2012

    Yay for Dye! I have a "to dye" pile at the moment - something I really ought to get on to! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle A ClementMarch 18, 2012

    That's such a sweet shade of purple!! :) Love it. Love your style! I just found you via 'Love, Elycia' and I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat outfit! ;) Love seeing so much color!

    And you have a pretty blog, too!

    Hope you've started the week off with a big smile!

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete