Monday, January 23

Tangled in those dreams..




I am reading The Steel Remains (more from Richard Morgan - fantasy this time) and listening to local radio stations of places I may never visit - but that's a story for another day.


I've been fighting the urge for an extreme spring clean. I find myself appraising everything in our house that isn't bolted down and assigning it to one of three categories: sell, give away or throw out. Apparently there is little space for keepsakes in my mind right now. Don't worry - I am not acting on the impulse just yet ;)


I came across Beach Fossils the other day and I was immediately hooked on this Brooklyn based band's lo-fi sound. Desert Sand is my current favourite and the post title is from Daydream. Mind you, I actually enjoy everything I've heard so far.

It's a habit of mine to keep new finds on repeat for days.. weeks sometimes. Thank goodness for headphones, right? If it weren't for my musical earmuffs I'd be driving the neighbours crazy with my repetitious listening.
Beach Fossils by Stef on Grooveshark

Got any recent musical finds you care to share?

hat: supermarket (tesco)
mittens: primark
denim jacket, sweater & skirt: vintage/second-hand (etsy & eBay)
brooch: decoylab (etsy)
sky blue tights
brogues: office

8 comments:

  1. I've been on a spring cleaning kick also. It feels nice sometimes to get stuff OUT of the apartment. This skirt is crazy gorgeous on you. I love the floral pleats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look.  It's all so soft and then you add the contrast of the jacket! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. you always have the best nails ever. also that teal sweater is to DIE for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauty FollowerJanuary 23, 2012

    Great pastel colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AmberBlueBird83January 23, 2012

    that sweater is so sweet.  I really like the minty color.  I listened to Sometimes and am digging their sound. Reminds me a bit of Best Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SeekingstyleblogJanuary 24, 2012

    Love the addition of the jean jacket :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shades_of_MonetJanuary 25, 2012

    I never tire of seeing what gorgeous color palette you come up with next.  I really love how candy-coated this one looks:)  Really loving everything about this look.  

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a very beautiful top!!!

    ReplyDelete