Tuesday, January 31

Hiatamadl



I am pretty sure I'll wear this dress a lot more often if I just get my act together and take up the hem a little. It's just at that akward spot where my calfs are at their widest.

Reminds me of a song by Hubert von Goisern:

"Koa Hiatamadl mog i ned,
hot koana dickn Wadln ned,
i mog a Madl aus da Stod,
was dicke Wadln hot."

which roughly translates to:
"I don't want no shephard girl
got no big calfs
I want a girl from the city
who got big calfs"

What, you weren't expecting lyrical wisdom, were you?
I guess I'd prefer the shepherd girl approach myself, so I think the hem is coming up a tad.

February is coming :) I am excited for warmer weather, shopping for a car and casual glances at the property market. Bring it on 2012!

cardi: primark
brooch: present
buttons: etsy
dress: Bettie Page
crochet tights & olive tights: welovecolors
brogues: office

7 comments:

  1. Rebecca KummerfeldJanuary 31, 2012

    Property market? Car?! Are we adults now?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up is for kids! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! great song:) love your layered tights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it hits you at a nice spot but a higher hem would make your legs look longer so I say go for it :)  Oh and your shoes are wicked cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a purple beret! What fun. I love it. and I also love your awesome assortment of buttons. Sounds like you have some exciting events on the horizon. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dress has a lovely skirt! which makes sense in my head. and those shoes are killer. i'd take it up a little too! it would be super flattering then. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. there Stef, love your style, all his clothes and hishat is beautiful too 
    kisses rose jp

    ReplyDelete