Thursday, November 10

October 1st


This year it was the hottest September 30th in Britain for over a century and temperatures in Cambridge were the highest on the island, at 29.5C/85F. Score! Or should I say scorch?

October 1st, when these pics were taken, was just as toasty so David and I headed to the park for some reading, quaffing of several bottles of pretend beer and second helpings of ice cream.

I don't think it has been this pleasantly warm here all summer. It certainly was novel to roast in the sun while dry leaves tumbled from the trees.
In the warmth I wanted to make sure my accessories weren't going to turn up the heat any :) I sort of missed my tights though. Should I ever move to a place with several weeks of no-tights weather I am definitely getting a calf tattoo so I don't feel so bereft of my usual colours :D That said, I might anyway..

dress: charity shop
brooch: etsy
scarf: present (pass me down)
clogs: h&m hasbeens

4 comments:

  1. Rebecca KummerfeldNovember 10, 2011

    Hehehe.. I always have that odd bare feeling when I first ditch the tights - but by the end of summer I can barely remember the bare! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!! sleeveless in october!?! magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AmberBlueBird83November 10, 2011

    I would love another day of temperatures in the 80s but I think those days are long gone for us.  Such a shame.  I want to hear more about this calf tat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I really don't know how I've gotten so behind this time, but what a treat!  I'm loving all your recent outfits Stef... and though I'm sure the amazing weather is a thing of the past, I'm super jealous, as it pours and pours here.  I love some of those posts with your tattoo peaking over your dresses!

    ReplyDelete