Sunday, November 6

Back in the day..



Picture-wise we're traveling back to the last week of September and what a week it was! Get in my time machine. Never mind that, just throw it on the backseat..

It's balmy. Endless blue skies and a fragrant breeze, so warm it feels like a cuddle. Kids, that week might just get me through winter ;)


I took these pictures early in the morning (en route to work) so it was still cool enough to wear a jacket while pedalling down the road. That jacket, the earrings and belt are the only exceptions to this otherwise high street outfit. Well, technically even the jacket is from the high street, but I got it second hand so there. ;)

I couldn't resist this dress when I spotted it on the sales rack and how could I ever have left behind this hat? I didn't even stop, just scooped it up walking through the store and plopped it right on my head. I have a feeling I stressed out the security guard every time I browsed the racks near the door after that..
I am really pleased with the tights too. I rarely buy tights at h&m but these crochet tights are worth every penny. The material feels really nice and they are perfect for adding a pop of colour without melting in the lunchtime heat :)
LOL -  Lunchtime heat!

I'd been leaving the occasional comment ending in "please send me your heat and I'll mail the lukewarm British summer to you in return" on the blogs of those of you who got bored with the incessant swelter in your parts of the world this past summer. Considering the indian summer we've been having I have to ask:Tiffany, were you my anonymous benefactor? ;)

hat, dress, tights & clogs: h&m
earrings: present (pass me down)
jacket: zara via time enough for drums
belt: present (pass me down)

8 comments:

  1. oranges_and_applesNovember 06, 2011

    Oh, gorgeous! You and the weather! Do you carry a tripod with you on your way to work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)
    When the days get shorter I sometimes lug my photo equipment to work (luckily I live closeby) , so I can go for a few quick snaps over lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that dress is really charming<3 btw. I really enjoy reading yr blog, lovely things u have here. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. how adorable! i love this outfit. the hat and coat are beauties. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca KummerfeldNovember 06, 2011

    And we're here complaining that it is too hot for spring! hah!

    I love that dress - and always like the double belt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing dress!!! So lovely! Totally need to wear it more often. THat is so odd about your indian summer over there.  we've already had snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first photo reminds me of a Monet painting:)  So beautiful.  Again, I really love how you use color in your outfits.  The dress is gorgeous and those nails are awesome!!  Indian summer...I can't imagine, we still have snow on the ground where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Four Seasons One WardrobeNovember 09, 2011

    I think every aspect of this outfit is perfect! I love the dress, the tights, the belt, the hat, and your photos! And yes, these kinds of tights from H&M are the most comfy tights you can own!

    ReplyDelete