Friday, October 14

Mittens


I thought I'd interrupt summertime with some photos only four days old.


It was actually quite warm when I took these just before dusk this Monday. No coat required but you never can go wrong with mittens. At least not if you have ice block hands like me. Shaking my hands gives people a bit of a shock in summer but in winter it is positively death defying.

The whole bad circulation thing gets painful when it's cold out and when sting turns to numbness simple tasks like operating a door key can present a real challenge. So you won't be surprised when I tell you I'll splurge on a nice set of gloves or mittens any day. Especially when they come on a string. I am no toddler but I might as well be when it comes to keeping track of my gloves whereabouts.

Mittens on a string are perfect like that: When you're not wearing them you can keep your gloves, a hankie, heat pack or mobile in there and when it gets really cold you can layer them over your gloves for extra insulation.

You can sort of see my new short hair in these. Sort of. I think I'll keep it like this for some time so I am sure you'll see me sans headgear soon enough :) The main thing is it's actually healthy. Phew. Who would have thunk it. Stef without a head of straw :D Can you smell the smugness in the air? ;)

I was waiting on the weekend so hard and now it is within reach! Have a brilliant one you all :)

bubble beret: softspoken (etsy)
cardi & gloves: primark
brooch: decoylab (etsy)
wolf ring: mrd74 (etsy)
dress: porridge (modcloth)
rust tights boots: eBay

10 comments:

  1. Rebecca KummerfeldOctober 14, 2011

    And red mittens too!! They are just perfect. Can't wait to see the new hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh your owl pin is the cutest cutest thing I've ever seen! and love your rust cardigan and mittens, you looks so cute and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you look so cozy! Popcorn stitching is my favorite =) Enjoy your weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. minimaria10October 14, 2011

    You look like a small squirrel with so acorns on your dress ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get ice block hands too, though the rest of me is sweating and super hot throughout the year. Kinda odd. I love the mittens and the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl-about-townOctober 14, 2011

    Wow! I love the colours in your outfit, they go together so well and am so very jealous of your gorgeous knit wear! So look lovely and warm! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    Girl about Town XxX

    ReplyDelete
  7. sparrowandurchinOctober 14, 2011

    Ah I love mittens on strings! I love the primary color look, and I can't wait to see your new hair!

    Lauren
    Sparrow & Urchin

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I thought I was the only person who had freezing cold hands in the summer.  I'm with you on the mittens thing.  Loving this outfit from head to toe and your vibrant and fun color palette.  The hat is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityOctober 16, 2011

    Oh yes. This dress was made to be mixed with autumn colors and chunky knits (and mitts!). I feel all cozy just looking at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10.  I've always adored your acorn frock; whimsical novelty prints get me every time.  Combined with the rich mustard and cranberry tones here, this outfit makes me want to hug fall.  And the owl pin and the boots... I'll just take this whole look. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete