Saturday, September 3

Granny Racer



My new penchant for nail polish is presenting a great opportunity to show off some little trinkets and toys to spice up my close-up documentation of gradual improvements in my nail doodling skills. ;)
Here we have a wind up granny, zimmerframe walker and all. My awesome mother in law gave us two of these for Christmas a couple of years back. Her foil lost her head so we have her carry it in her walker. Her clothing matches my lavender&yellow nails. :D


I haven't much to say today so I'll just dump a list of awesome movies I watched recently on you like a big old televisual bomb. . Some of these are Hollywood block busters, others independent. Some of these are bleak and hard hitting, others laugh out loud funny light relief.
In no particular order: Midnight Cowboy, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, Alphaville, Winter's Bone, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Moon, District 9.. my brain's just gone blank. Oh yeah, Sherlock Holmes was a good laugh too and I re watched Harold and Maude and Full Metal Jacket (again) the other day. Still awesome.

And because nobody can live on television alone here is a small selection of music I've been plugging myself into over the last few days at work:

Com Truise | BASF Ace 
Delphic | This Momentary 
Manchester Orchestra | Shake it Out
White Lies | To Lose My Life
Two Door Cinema Club | Undercover Martyn
Fleet Foxes | Helplessness Blues
The Sandwitches | No No
Tom Waits | Clap Hands
Foals | Spanish Sahara
and the below I've looped through those headphones for hours on end:
Florence & the Machine | What the Water Gave Me
Crystal Castles | Not in Love ft. Robert Smith
 

Happy weekend you all :)
Make it a memorable one!


boater: primark
earrings: DIY (buttons)
croche blouse & skirt: etsy
olive tights
h&m hasbeens

9 comments:

  1. So cute, love your nails!
    :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Full Metal Jacket when I was about 19 or so and I could NOT stand it at all!!  It just made me feel empty and strange. I love Sherlock Holmes. All the others. . .you certainly have a taste for "strange" it seems hehe. You are so unique. I love that you are showing off trinkets with your nails! Amazing. Love the first photo a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the details of this look.  Also: WOO Tom Waits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this cute take on the nautical look! The skirt has such a pretty print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This whole outfit is so cute. I really love the green socks! And your granny racer. I've never heard of 'Midnight Cowboy' but I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely late summer outfit, I like the green tights, florals and the straw hat! Excellent work on your nails too, I'm too lazy to wear nail polish. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. your nails are getting better and better. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria CaballeroSeptember 05, 2011

    adorable outfit:) 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jasmine, Transient WithdrawalSeptember 06, 2011

    Hehe I scrolled through a few of your outfit posts and totally see that you HAVE been wearing your swedish hasbeens quite a bit! I cannot wait to wear them with tights! Love your nails!!

    ReplyDelete