Friday, September 30

Chamberpot

My husband told me he liked my chamberpot.
"It's not a chamberpot, it's a tureen" I protested.

I do like my tureen too though. I've also earmarked a miniature coffe jug and a kettle from my doll house as possible pendants. The husband gave me this awesome blouse for my birthday. No pictures of the neat button back this time around though. You can't see them so well but I am wearing hello kitty rub ons. That's how you can tell these shots were taken after work on a Friday. Others may let their hair down on the weekend, I celebrate my freedom from swivelchairs and calendar reminders by wearing kiddy tattoos and colourful wigs. I'd love a purple or blue wig. Pink is not enough ;)
Admitting to myself that I really do have to cut my hair shorter only serves to amplify my wig greed. When your hairdresser lectures you on the benefits of using this stuff called "conditioner" (after you've been spending most evening in conditioner clingfilm wraps) your race is run.

As this publishes my hair is already chin length, only it'll remain long and stragly for about another month here on the blog :D I am getting there with that "dark days photo stockpile" you see.

On the way back from taking these shots against the chatreuse wall of the Bowls Club on Christ's Piece I cycled down Orchard Street which, in my book, is as idylic as it gets.
One weekend coming up! Make it a good one :)

kerchief: present (pass me down)
earrings: DIY (buttons)
necklace: miniature chamberpot tureen
ring: passed down by my Mom :)
bangle: primark
blouse: prsent (tulle/modcloth)
skirt: etsy
shoes: highstreet bargain bin

5 comments:

  1. Husband has good taste, love the blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the prettiest and coolest roads ever! Love it. Your necklace and your rub-on tats are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley/ milk teethsOctober 01, 2011

    Your husband has such good taste if he blindly picked out that piece for you, it's a gem :), also RE: your maggot story. UGH!! I think maggots are the most disgusting thing ever. Way more disgusting than a cockroach. Your story gave me the heebie jeebies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband has awesome taste!  And I also like your chamberpot.  I kind of feel your hair pain... mine is behaving itself a bit better these days (hair masks hair masks hair masks...) but usually it won't go past my shoulders without needing to be lopped off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityOctober 04, 2011

    I agree, your husband does have good taste! This is a very lovely blouse. It sounds like he has a great sense of humor as well. Chamberpot. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete