Friday, September 9

A map of Italy


Since the recent beginnings of my varnish adventures my nails have become a frequent starting point for my outfits.


I was just perusing my nail polish collection trying to decide on a colour combination when a map of Italy flickered across the television screen. It was a political map of Austria's boot shaped neighbour: In lavender, yellow and orange.

To match my stripes I picked my dusky violet dress, yellow tights and topped it off with an orange scarf. Of course that much layering meant it was actually warm out. Magical thinking you say? Why, no - it's only logical to conclude that I personally influence the weather ;)

If you've been following Diversions for a while you might wonder: Does Stef alway stand perched on one leg like an indecisive flamingo (a flamingo too laissez faire to lift his leg all the way up). To be honest I am not quite sure. I am often perplexed at the sheer number of shots I pull this stunt in. Usually I remind myself to stand differently and then shift my balance at the last minute anyway. I assume it must be my natural stance when facing down the camera but after further scrutiny I can confirm that this is also true for waiting in line for the photocopier.. I am just such a natural. I mean, really, who stands like that? Well. I do. Stef, Queen of the phonies.

Are you all stoked for the weekend? I can' wait to relax and maybe pay the local Museum of Zoology a visit. I am in the mood for dusty taxidermy and the lingering odour of preservative.. ;)

hat: festival stall
earrings: buttons (DIY)
scarf: present (pass me down)
jacket & skirt: modcloth
sweater: h&m nearly 13 years ago. Time slipping through my fingers..
dress: echoo
pale yellow tights
h&m hasbeens

13 comments:

  1. it looks amazing! how do you do your nails like that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca KummerfeldSeptember 09, 2011

    This nail thing is awesome! I don't know if I could handle the fumes (and correctly the mistakes) on a regular basis, but if you keep up this co-orinated nail polish, I can just admire from afar :)
    I have just become hyper aware of my side head-tilt, since doing video chats regularly with the folks back home. I knew I had a tendency to tilt my head right... but it seriously tilty!! hah... oh well.. we're all odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fingernails remind me a little of candy corn. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily_RubySlippersSeptember 09, 2011

    Hmm, my "security blanket pose" is tugging on my ear.  I've been trying to stop doing that.  Yours is rather more becoming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :) I use selloptake like so :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a head tilter too :) I think it's a dodgy vision thing. Used to drive my teacher and my Mom nuts when I was little :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your nail polish skills are enviable. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. AmberBlueBird83September 09, 2011

    I have a similar stance when taking pics.  not sure why I gravitate towards it but I guess if it aint broke right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this unusual color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are awesome colours - you look great! I adore the way you do your nails

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so pretty. I love this color combo. 

    ReplyDelete
  12. come do my nails. I never paint them at all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emily, Resplendent TranquilitySeptember 13, 2011

    Oh my goodness. You had me laughing my head off with the flamingo bit. Not your stance, mind you, but your description of it.Beautiful color palette, by the way. Both nails and outfit.

    ReplyDelete