Monday, August 15

Tigers don't change their stripes



Ensuring my striped fingernails show in every last close up doesn't even come close to conveying the incredible sense of shameless smugness I feel at this, my momentous striped achievement. If smugness overdose could kill, I would rest now. In smugness not peace. It was an honor just to be nomiated but I am pleased to accept the price for most self-satisfied nail varnish adventurer in all the blogosphere.

I actually have Kaylah to thank for my smudge free stripes. Her colourful nail designs are always a joy and without her tut I'd still be clueless on the varnish front. To think only a few months ago I posted about liking varnish on others but feeling freakish seeing it on myself. Tigers and stripes, ey?

Stripes aside, check out these pretty hankies :) My parents helped my Grandma with a big pre-move clear out and sent these my way along with a glorious detachable collar and some tasty chocolates. Next time I have a cold my nose will run in style ;)


earrings, scarf & belt: present (pass me down)
dress: lipstick vogue/etsy
pale pink tights
my wedding shoes

18 comments:

  1. Jo FletcherAugust 15, 2011

    Your dress is so beautiful, and I simply adore your nails! <3 The pastel shades are perfection!
    xLost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  2. The striped nails are so cute! Love the pattern on this dress as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know that I am supposed to be focussing on the nail varnish, but my eye definitely went to the toy airplane in the first picture.  I simply adore toy airplanes!  Now back to the nail varnish:  Not being a nail varnish adventurer, I can only say, "I am in awe"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those nails are quite the achievement, I would be showing them off too! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I love your nails, and your dress, and your tights, and that cute little plane! 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails are perfect! Love the colours you chose... soft, pastely... very summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The nails look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, I love all the pastel perfection going on in this post!  The nails are so cute, those hankies and your tights are darling as well.  I love how you incorporate brightly colored tights into your outfits and still look age appropriate and totally gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AmberBlueBird83August 15, 2011

    you deserve a gold medal for those nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. adakjlsdjaljd AMAZING AS ALWAYS! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVEEEEE IT. The dress! The colours! The nails! AH PERFECT.

    Also, how do you do that trippy photo where there's two photos of you... in one photo? I don't understand how it works, but it's marvleous!

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks :) Here is how I do the twins: http://www.diversionsblog.com/2011/01/my-name-aint-donnie.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. cathykhayesAugust 16, 2011

    OH my goodness I LOVE your blog! I also happen to collect vintage hankies! I have no idea what I will do with them, but if I come up with something cool I will be sure to share! Best! 
    http://www.cathykhayes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks :)
    You could always get some small embroidery hoops to display some if you're not using them otherwise? I came across these hoops made using vintage sheets recently

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityAugust 16, 2011

    Bird dress! Sorry, I had to let my excitement out. I like how subtle and pretty the print is. Impressive hankie collection. I wish my grandmothers had held on to theirs. I can't really get on board with buying a stranger's old hankies... at least not for their intended use.

    ReplyDelete
  15. fashionforgiantsAugust 17, 2011

    Stripes and bird print and gorgeous hankies?  I love this post!  Be smug, gosh darnit, you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your nails!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carmila PonycatAugust 17, 2011

    Your nails are so nice! They are a thing to be proud of truly! My nail varnish looks so dull now... But seriously I love your whole outfit, and your earrings are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. YES! Gah those nails are so good, I'm trying that asap! :D

    ReplyDelete