Saturday, August 27

Proof positive


Two proofs in one post: I am totally Austrian and I absolutely live in Cambridge although I never seem to show you guys any of the sites.

Last Sunday the husband and I took a leisurely wander around the Fitzwilliam Museum. David visits regularly but I haven't been in years. I definitely don't want to leave it this long until next time :)

I'd love to show you the inside which is totally lush (and I am not even talking about the collections, the building alone is pretty awesome). Sadly I am a goodie two shoes when it comes to the "no cameras" rule. I only break it when I am absolutely certain I won't get caught. I am none of those gung-ho photo guerrillas with memory cards stuffed in their socks or even hidden in bodily orifices. Nope. I am just your garden variety law abiding camera addict.


I am crazy about this nail polish by the way: It's grace green from Models Own. It reminds the husband of Airfix models and I guess it is the colour of my toy soldiers too. Whether it's the playtime association or not, warm and fuzzy feelings ensue upon application.



Ehem.. yodelay? It's been a while since I last wore a dirndl on the blog. When in Austria I wouldn't dream of wearing a traditional dress without its matching pinafore but here in England nobody knows I am only wearing half a dress so I can get away with it no problem. It's fun taking traditional clothing out of its native area, so much easier to ignore the rules without garnering unpleasant stares.
Quite like wearing a nightie out, which is easily done with your head held high as long as nobody recognizes the brand as an underwear manufacturer. :D

See, I really do live in Cambridge, although my husband helpfully pointed out that these touristy photos do not constitute proof positive. I could have taken these snaps on a holiday or maybe I just thieved them from another website.. hmmm. Something to think on you guys. I could be having you all on and really I might well live in Chatteris.. or Swansea (if there really is such a place).

Greetings from Cambridge Chatteris Swansea!

earrings: accessorize
dirndl: present (H.Moser)
sky blue tights
h&m hasbeens

8 comments:

  1. The dress looks great and I LOVE that nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I believe you live in Cambridge! These touristy photos make me excited to visit England again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityAugust 28, 2011

    Your nail polish and the skirt of your dirndl are two of the best shades of green. I am smitten. And I don't take advantage of certain museums as much as I'd like to, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, it's so pretty there! :)

    And that is the most perfect shade of nail polish ever. I've been wearing mint colored nail polish all summer long, and I've been looking for that exact shade for autumn. :)

    xo
    Maria Elyse
    First Impressions
    Flying Ships Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  5. They've got a half price sale on until the 31st - the code is FIFTYFIFTY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca KummerfeldAugust 29, 2011

    I was at a vintage store in Berkeley last week and they had an ENTIRE rack of dirndls - I thought of you immediately. I bought a really cool dark blue one with yellow stitching, but will have to alter it a fair bit to make it fit. I have never seen so many vintage dirndls in one place before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SACRAMENTO AmateAugust 29, 2011

    My husband´s sister works there...Small world.
    You look fantastic.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness "Esmeralda"! Where's the hunchback? You look soooo incredible! I love this dress!!!

    ReplyDelete