Saturday, August 13

Kia-Ora


After seeing this pink & orange outfit on Ruby Slipper Journeys it didn't take me long to decide what colour tights to wear with my tangerine dress. Add a scarf and I felt so summery I almost forgot about my frizzy hair (Luckily catching and sticking my tongue out at my reflection in the elevator mirror reminded me to book a trim).

You can see a more wintery remix of this dress in front of the same graffiti here

In fingernail news: I finally succeeded at the sellotape trick thanks to Kaylah's tutorial. My fatal error had been to use masking- rather than clear tape. Although, frankly, my impatience waiting for the first coat to dry may also have played a role in previous keratin based disasters. My first go wouldn't stand up to close-ups (especially not my right hand, the left is so much easier for a clumsy righty like me) but I am definitely getting the hang of this :)


Any of you guys wanna swap me some summer for lukewarm drizzle?
Rain or shine, have a memorable weekend you all!

scarf: present (pass me down)
dress: tulle via time enough for drums
jacket & skirt: modcloth
brooch: ark cambridge
orchid pink tights
h&m hasbeens

6 comments:

  1. You are so bright and beautiful! The graffiti background is perfect for this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your unexpected color combination! And the nails are a total win. Hope the weather warms up for you. 
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityAugust 16, 2011

    I'd say those are the best possible tights you could wear with that dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fashionforgiantsAugust 17, 2011

    Oh, goodness, I love this.  Absolutely brilliant color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aahh yess! I love that yellow/orange, and pastel pink and purple SO MUCH. Colour inspiration for sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crystal LeeAugust 18, 2011

    adorable!

    ReplyDelete