Friday, August 5

D o u b l e s p a c e



This is what I wore for my first day back at the office. A double helping of green, a double helping of lace/croche, a double helping of tights (and of course a double helping of me too). Basically, when it comes to "properly" getting dressed for the first time in days a little more is a little more ;)

My Mom bought this soft pink canvas bag planning to use it as a diaper bag way back when I wore onesies and my favourite pastime was drooling all over my multi coloured key shaped teething toy. We found it (the bag, not the toy) at the back of a wardrobe last Christmas and now it's all mine :)

I find fishnets a litle uncomfortable around the toes when I wear them all by their lonesome. I have a tendency to get tangled in them. Yes, I am just that ladylike. Luckily these white ones look awesome layered on top of solid colour tights :) Here 's to making the most of mild summers!

Bad Ischler hat: present (pass me down)
blouse: modcloth
dress: charity shop
olive green tights
croche fishnets
h&m hasbeens
bag: present (pass me down)

11 comments:

  1. These tights are awesome. Great combo. Also I think it's fabulous that you can carry around a bag your mother used when you were a tot. All the acrylic/vinyl diaper bags these days will never last long enough to create nostalgia when the babies they helped look after grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily_RubySlippersAugust 05, 2011

    I love the double lace and double green with such a simple dress!

    Interestingly, when I clicked on this post on Bloglovin' it was called "Osito" and was in Spanish (and had a picture of a Teddy Bear).  Then I found myself here.  Technology is weird...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like double layered tights the way you have done it. I'm going to try that when it is cooler here-- the summers in the South Eastern US are not mild!
    I'm curious about how you modify your style for the work place for my own selfish needs. We dress in a similar way and I am worried (as I enter the employment market) that I may not be taken seriously b/c I dress so feminine and vintage. Do you ever find this to be a problem or am I just being overly sensitive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. fashionforgiantsAugust 05, 2011

    You both look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't encountered any problems with it myself. The dress code at my office is smart casual so really that just means -tidy, no jeans or trainers (at least around here). When you do interdepartmental work it's dead useful when everybody recognizes you instantly because you're the girl with 10 million different coloured tights or the one who wears only dresses.
    I think it's been a positive for finding work in the first place: When people see you pay attention to the details of your outfit that suggest you might just do the same with your work and if a place should be completely turned off by your look chances are you wouldn't have enjoyed the atmosphere anyway :)
    That said, be assertive and nobody will get a chance to judge you by your clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AmberBlueBird83August 05, 2011

    I really like how you layered your tights here.  I am going to have to try that trick out when the temps start to drop. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to say I do the exact same thing and get my toe nails caught up in the net occasionally tearing holes through them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gracie JohnsAugust 06, 2011

    oh that's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityAugust 07, 2011

    I am somewhat envious of the mild summer you've been having! Your mention (and photos) of layered tights has panged me a little. I want to wear layered tights again! I'd probably sweat to death though :( I must be patient, that's all.

    Loving the outfit, btw. It's so very fun and cohesive. I like the green details on your blouse and hat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am beyond jealous that you can wear not one but TWO layers of tights in the summertime.  I love the colors in this outfit and as always your scenery and photo compositions pair perfectly with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cool layering of tights!!

    ReplyDelete