Tuesday, August 23

Bat Country



New dress! I don't go for stripes much but this linen lovely from knitted dove had me smitten right away. Originally I wanted the blue version but I am actually glad my size was out of stock because these warm hues are going to cheer me up something awful on grey autmn and winter days.

Recently my bargain sixty pack of nail star polishes arrived. They're pretty neat but I don't think I'll be using them as much as I thought I might. I know nail polish in general is not exactly what you'd call healthy but this stuff leaves the room in such a solvent haze I might as well burry my nose in poppers. Solvents. I can think of better ways to burn some spare brain cells thank you very much. Also, this polish dissolve hard as nails which I've been using as a base coat. To be honest I am perplexed that anything can get to that stuff. After all it really is hard as.

I am getting my outfit post time machine warmed up in preparation for shorter daylight hours (when it will be dark both when I arrive at and leave work). Last winter I dealt with dark days by keeping my outfits from the past week aside and going for three or four outfit shoots on the weekend. This time around I am going to do my damndest to stockpile some outfit shots for winter. I like the idea of an extended summer on the blog :) If I can't have it in real life I bloody well will on the interwebs! :D Today's pics are fairly recent though, they were taken last Friday.

earrings: DIY (buttons)
scarf: present (pass me down)
dress: modcloth
fairy pink tights
h&m hasbeens

13 comments:

  1. Honor Bailey-RosseAugust 23, 2011

    I love your dress, I'm glad that the shop had run out of your size in blue as well because it suits you so well!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty dress! I love how you paired it with those stockings.
    And those DIY earrings are amazing!

    http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

     

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is awesome. Love the chevron pattern.
    I've been trying to stockpile some outfit photos too. Because I know in a couple months there will be zero light when I leave in the morning and when I come home from work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I think that is my favorite dress of yours! gorgeous shape and the colors are wonderful! so so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal LeeAugust 23, 2011

    so cute! This dress has a carnival aspect to it, no? 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, gorgeous new dress! The colors are so pretty, and I really like the chevron stripes on the bodice mixed with the horizontal stripes on the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AmberBlueBird83August 23, 2011

    yes this dress will brighten your days come winter.  I like the idea of stockpiling some photos but I get so lazy on the weekends....i need to remedy this situation.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was covetting that dress too! It looks super - those colours are brilliant. I've missed a whole bunch of your posts as I navigate travels and time zones... But just catching up now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty dress! You look beautiful!
    I just found your blog and read through your archives. You have a lovely blog and your photography is fabulous! I look forward to following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityAugust 28, 2011

    I fell for this dress when I first saw it, too. It's really quite perfect for you! I'm looking forward to that sartorial wonders you will work with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityAugust 28, 2011

    Late night typos strike again. Gah. ''...looking forward to the sartorial wonders...''

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great posts I've been missing, Stef!  I absolutely love your new dress, and am straight off to the website!  My posts are never very recent on the blog--usually there's about a two week lag, which gets a wee bit complicated when the seasons change!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this dress! You look really great in all of those colors.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete