Saturday, July 30

Wild berries



This outfit is still pre-tooth extraction.
A combination of an awesome crew for the operation and your helpful advice has left me only a little swollen and not at all bruised (thanks guys!) so I hope to get back in the swing of blog this weekend :).

I read a few chapters of The Princess Bride waiting my turn, donned a stylish hospital gown and slippers and eventually I was rolled into the operation room. From student over staff nurse to anaesthetist and surgeon everybody was really lovely. The general anaesthesia burnt like hell, reminding me of Torchwood of all things. You know, the sort of sting that leaves you forgetting how to breath for a moment but only seconds later I told the anesthetist the burn was easing off and next thing I know I am waking up from a pleasant dream, my mouth is full of cotton wool and I am being wheeled to the wake up room.

I've been pretty scatterbrained over last few days, awake most nights waiting for my morning dose of pain killers, watching lots of movies (e.g. The Lovely Bones *beautiful*, The Book of Eli *meh*, Sukiyaki Western Django *awesome*, Enterprise, Hamlet II,.. ) and as soon as I haven't been able to spend much time in front of the computer screen I've finally gotten around to figuring out how to thread my sewing machine :)
In softly, softly culinary news: The husband makes some mean mash. Yummy. So tasty to have a savoury meal after living from milkshake and custard for a couple of days. ;)



This was the last outing for these shoes. I got them during my last year of uni so they've been around for ehem... quite a while and the upper finally split. Oh well, not like I am going to run out of footwear any time soon :D

sunnies: claire's
earrings: nomads, cambridge
glass pendant: present
dress: h&m
royal blue tights: c/o welovecolors
dead shoes walking: clarks

7 comments:

  1. Kate Van GenderenJuly 30, 2011

    These photographs of you are breathtaking. You always have such an eye for angles and perspective, but this might be one of my favorite compositions! Your dress is gloriously gorgeous. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are just lovely!  And I love the blue tights juxtaposed with the gray, just stunning.  Glad your surgery went well, and hope you recover quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityJuly 31, 2011

    You're killing me with that dress! Please tell me it's something you picked up years ago before I start stalking my local H&M for it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks so pretty all loose and flowing lie that. Hope you're feeling good as new now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got it quite some time ago: 2006 or 07 I think. It was some designer collaboration I caught by chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply love the dress.  The top half screams Jane Austen.  Glad to hear that the operation went well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the grey with the bright blue. i hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete