Friday, July 22

Rose quartz


Oh la-di-da. I sure hope this picture reeks of nonchallant summertime ease because posing for it sure as hell wasn't. How could I resist fitting myself into that branch? but ouch! the stinging nettles were abundant.


This used to be my favourite dress but after a year of frequent wear I grew bored of it. Originally the bright red buttons and rickrack were a major attraction for me but lately I've been crazy for green & pink combos. On a whim I replaced the awkward reds with a helping of pink the other day :)





By the way, I haven't drawn a winner for the giveaway just yet but I'll do so as soon as pos.. stay tuned ;)

rose quartz necklace & bracelet: present
dress: tara starlet (altered)
light pink tights
clogs: h&m hasbeens

13 comments:

  1. The first picture is amazing, but I know all about the difficulties of posing in woodland... trees always look so much more comfortable than they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you certainly LOOK comfortable. ;)
    I really like the little bits of pink on your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pose in that first picture.  I never would have guessed that it was difficult to do!  Love the pink buttons.  Sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal LeeJuly 22, 2011

    I appreciate you risking injury for these amazing photos! What a grand idea you had! I love the pink buttons even more than the red ones. love those purple flowers (or are they weeds) Do you know what they are called? 

    ReplyDelete
  5. fashionforgiantsJuly 22, 2011

    Oh, these are just gorgeous photos - I love those thistles.  They remind me of northern California.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the way you altered the dress! that's so clever. your outfits are always an inspiration. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. AmberBlueBird83July 22, 2011

    the color combo you have going on here is brilliant.  I need to try it out myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look so pretty in these pictures! i love the tan and pink combination, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the new pink additions! 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I like all the bits of pink.  Nice easy way to rejuvenate a dress.  Had to laugh at your comments on the "relaxed" pose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're amazing. I love these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are thistles, prickly and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julia SunderlandJuly 24, 2011

    That's a great idea! I love the pink, it makes it much more modern, quite a different look. It just shows how timeless classic design is. Also I can't believe you managed to find buttons, trim, necklace, belt AND TIGHTS all the same colour.

    ReplyDelete