Wednesday, July 20

Kodak freeze dried moments the Fifth



Above you see my great-grandmother and her second husband (who's mustach my Mother used to love twirling when she was little). I am told the two used to run a portrait studio together :)


The cutie pie at the front left is my Grandma along with one of her sisters and a brother.

Here she is again, all grown up:

She met her husband (the above lady photographer's son) in a queue.
He struck up a conversation in French (what pick up line might it have been? ;) ). She promptly turned around to tell him she only spoke German. Luckily it was his native tongue too and that was that.


The first half of the week is done with, let the countdown to the weekend begin..
Have a lovely day everybody!

9 comments:

  1. These photos are so beautiful--- how fun it is to see old photos of relatives. I have a cherished photo of my great grandmother at her wedding, and the elegance and classic beauty just leave me speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool post - I adore looking at old photos and hearing all of the stories :)
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look a lot like these relatives!! Lovely!!! that's cute about the pick up line in French and then that they got to speak in German to one another instead. that's cute.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see a bit of grandmother's features in you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. who won the giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll do a post as soon as I've drawn a winner. However, I am trying for a video draw and the weather is awful so it might be a couple of days yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fashionforgiantsJuly 21, 2011

    I agree with Terri; I can see a bit of your grandmother in you as well.  Which I think is just wonderful.  Thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityJuly 21, 2011

    I always enjoy the old family photos and stories you share. And I, too, can see your grandmother's features in you. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look very much like the girl in the last photo, she is so pretty

    Kisses (:

    ReplyDelete