Sunday, July 10

I have come here to chew bubblegum


The post apocalyptic Shangri-La area of the festival was inspired by the sets of Blade Runner. It reminded me of They Live a little as well. ;) The set, created by over 1,500 crew and artists looked even more AMAZING at night but I missed out on photos so here are some from a daytime wander:




Can't resist a lost pet poster.














Later, around the campfire..

Bob in the small hours (you might have seen his headdress before :D).

We spent one whole night nattering around the lock up crew's camp fire. The next morning what had been soggy weather turned hot and clear so our plan to catch up on sleep during daylight hours was thwarted by a roaring hot sun rise. Maybe I can blame the next day's QotSA snooze on that? ;)


"Flaming Jenga" ensued on the last night before returning to solid ground.
I think this game is for firestarters only ;) What you do is: Stack your Jenga tower, remove a piece, put it on the fire for a while, then reinsert the red hot block of wood right where it came from. Repeat until flaming inferno is achieved.


2012 will be a fallow year so it is quite a while until we get to visit planet Glasto again but just like another Austrian promised on screen.. I will be back.

9 comments:

  1. Glasto looks amazing! I'd want to go even if there was no music at all!! I particularly like th elook of flaming jenga :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. flaming jenga looks INSANE dude! :D but your dress is gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. GlamKitten88July 10, 2011

    This is fascinating.  I have never heard of a post-apocalyptic festival, but it sounds interesting -- like something I would really enjoy.  I'm so glad that you posted these pictures!!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/Twitter: @GlamKitten88 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley/ MILK TEETHSJuly 11, 2011

    this looks so unbelievable magical! The only nearby music festival is coachella but it gets sooooo hot (its in the desert for crying out loud!), i'd trade it in for soggy any day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this place seems so cool! I have never been to any kind of festival!

    <3Chelsea Elizabethhttp://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that they included the iron giant!! you look adorable in black and white (: 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you had an amazing time :) wonderful photos .x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flaming jenga could be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityJuly 14, 2011

    I've enjoyed all of your Glasto pictures immensely. The Bits 'n' Faeces sign cracked me up! And I like how you knotted your dress up in that picture. Oh, I thought of you whilst you were at the festival. I was watching the weather report on the evening news and they were talking about a severe t-storm heading toward Glastenbury, Vermont (I live in the portion of New York close to the border with Vermont). Although it's spelled with an 'e' and not an 'o,' I'm sure it was named after the one in England. As nearly everything around here is ;)

    ReplyDelete