Thursday, July 14

Do not bend


A while back I came across this couple behind deer masks on a random google image search. I promptly printed out a copy to decorate my desk but I really, really wanted to know where the image came from. I assumed it was an invite for a party (the infamous "do not bend" venue I guess) so I googled and googled until to my surprise I did find the source (Matt Cipov) and to my delight I found the artist's etsy shop as well. Of course I swapped my low-res bootleg for the genuine article. I've been meaning to frame that print for ages and as you can see I finally did. :)

The other photos are some of my own from the series Of a Night and in case you're wondering that's a box of Tutti Frutti gummy sweets next to the matchbox muscle car teetering on the edge of the frame. I  used to love those back in kindergarten so this box is a soppy keepsake :)

Right, that's enough ramblings right there - here's what I wore:










hat: tk maxx
dress: modcloth
belt: from another dress
bracelet: kids easter bracelet (supermarket)
soft pink tights: ebay
h&m hasbeens

13 comments:

  1. Your dress is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FantailfloJuly 14, 2011

    You look great! real classy!

    followed your blog!

    www.fantailflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the floral pattern on that dress and these are such beautiful photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pink hat! That print is too cute as well. Love the little vignette you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH LOVE THE DEERS. Way to be dedicated in your search, haha. Totally paid off. They're way adorable.

    And Ahhh, you look amazing, as always. Those tights are actually PERFECTION. I have almost every possible colour of tights. But I DONT HAVE THAT COLOUR. It's magnificent! I feel a little incomplete now...

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful, as always, and you're in such a pretty place!  it looks like you could be my neighbor (although you are not even remotely near me).  i love your little pink hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet, sweet hat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your purple tights and your cute hasbeens!

















    <3 steffy

    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityJuly 14, 2011

    What I love about this outfit:
    1) Your hat
    2) Your mixed florals
    3) Your H&M Hasbeens

    And while I'm at it, I really liked your wooden bead necklace in your previous post :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityJuly 14, 2011

    Ack. I was too hasty with my comment. That deer print is swell. I'm glad you were able to track it down and support the artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great dress! I love that print!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fashionforgiantsJuly 15, 2011

    I love the pink accents with this dress.  They are the perfect contrast.  You look fabulous.

    And the deer print is just great - how awesome that you were able to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I LOOOOVE that you are wearing an orange-y hat with a blue-y dress. So pretty and unexpected and fun. And TIGHTS??? Woah girl, you're killing me.

    ReplyDelete