Saturday, June 18

The stream flows, the wind blows, the cloud fleets, the heart beats

I am afraid both this outfit and the pictures feel a little "phoned in" although I can't quite pinpoint why. I guess peach and soft yellow aren't the most amazing foils for prison blues or maybe I am just sore that I forgot to bring my big floppy hat when I wore this. It would have hidden my rather meh! hair and souped up the ensemble wholesale. Oh well, next time. ;)







The sun is shining and Cambridge is doing that thing where a meager 22C/71F can feel like the tropics the air is so dense. The first mozzy of the year got me in the leg, reminding me to add cortisone cream to my Glastonbury list. Mozzy bites have a habit of turning me into the elephant man.

I am off to visit some friends this weekend and I am not back in the office until after Glasto. Not many sleeps left until the festival :)

jacket: zara via time enough for drums
blouse: asos
dress: white stuff via charity shop
brooch: tina tarnoff on etsy
light yellow tights: eBay (Pamela Mann)
sandals: h&m

13 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean about "that thing" Cambridge does. I was only there for three days during summer back in 2009 and it felt worse than Hong Kong! It didn't help that Emmanuel College, bless them, stuck me in the attic of some Georgian building where there was no airconditioning and about 50'C during the afternoon when the sun came in through the window. Luckily, I spent every waking hour outside, enjoying the sights. *Wistful sigh* ... Cambridge. I miss it so much. It's one of my favourite places on this planet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracie JohnsJune 18, 2011

    what a beautiful dress, blouse and brooch! eeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Ick I hate mozzies. I have discovered that having a partner who is a mozzie magnet, and staying close to him is a good way to avoid too many bites. They say gin and tonic is also good (becuase perhaps you forget to feel itchy if you drink enough?)
    I love the details on your sleeves. Ive just been watching the Tudors and am so so impressed by all the incredible embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnnaBananaCupcakeJune 18, 2011

    Ick! When I was in North Carolina a couple weeks ago I got eaten alive by the mosquitos. They just love my blood! :( You look fantastic, bugs bites or no. The details on that blouse are so sweet. The collar and sleeves just stole my heart. And a bird broach, you know I'm in love with that. 
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal LeeJune 18, 2011

    I think you look darling. I love your shoes, the intricate detail on your sleeve cuff and your brooch. you have such a way with the details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is so simple and cute. I love wearing dresses and jumpers :D But have yet to wear a collared shirt under a dress. Also, love your shoes :D 

    ReplyDelete
  7. melarose_June 18, 2011

    omg, this outfit look amazing.
    Xx Liefs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit!!! Chick and playful! love the necklace!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. oranges_and_applesJune 19, 2011

    I like it! I've been after peter pan collars recently. Maybe some colour would have helper (i would say that!). have fun at glasto!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the jumper dress and blouse.  I can picture the big floppy hat and I know that that outfit would have looked good.  But I also like the outfit as is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is good to see birds being freed from their cages. I have a tattoo Idea i've had for a long time but probably won't ever get where birds are flying free from a cage and how I will link it with those being freed from slavery with other things involved in the tattoo. so yeah I love your brooch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityJune 23, 2011

    The sleeve detail on your blouse is such sweet perfection. And I very much like how nice your blue dress and light yellow tights look together.

    ReplyDelete