Tuesday, June 28

The best one

"That's the best one" announced the husband when after the usual posing I cut a grimaces at the camera instead.


After work he drove me to Ascension Burial Ground for some photos and a little wander between the graves. The husband operated the shutter, a welcome break from the old hand-behind-my-back-hiding-remote trick.

I do think visiting a cemetary makes for a lovely outing. Such calm old overgrown places :)


The lighting was ever so changeable so I filled in the bleached white sky with a detail from my blouse :)


The peach bow is part of the tangerine curdoroy skirt. I really enjoy the look of it paired with the ruffly hem of my peachy pale blouse and pink cardi.






Scary Stef is scary. What do you reckon, career change to being a gargoyle? My other half just came over to inspect my animation. I got his vote of approval, that's for sure. :)

cardi & bracelet: primark
blouse & sandals: h&m
skirt: etsy
peach tights

11 comments:

  1. Emily_RubySlippersJune 28, 2011

    Haha, truly scary!  I don't know what I'd think if I ran into gargoyle Stef in a graveyard! I'd probably just figure that anyone in such a nice peach bow had to be nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe awesome! Yes gargoyle for sure! Freeze that in stone! I know I have said it before, but I love the way you mix colours! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frightening I must say..hehe. However a gargoyle in an orange skirt must be quite a lovely & fashionable gargoyle. Again another adorable outfit & gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great location! love the colours in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a minute I thought you'd turned into a Weeping Angel.
    Seriously though, I wasn't expecting that and almost jumped out of my skin.
    Love the orange & pink combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was not expecting that last photo to move!  I noticed the detailing in the sky but for some reason I thought it was an odd wall behind you- your photoshop skills never disappoint.  I love this location- I always fantasize about ootd shots in cemeteries but there arent any really secluded ones around here.   Gorgeous photos, as always.  And I love the soft pink and cream palette here, especially with the tangerine-toned skirt

    ReplyDelete
  7. AmberBlueBird83June 28, 2011

    Whoa that last photo made me jump!  You look beautiful in this outfit but you always do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha--got me.  Lulled me with the peace of the cemetary and then wham!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! Your last pictures are fantastically creepy :) I had to scroll down a little further so I can't see it while typing this comment.....your cardigan so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That last one is creepy! But the first ones are great! I really love them and that skirt!
    -Meaganhttp://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityJune 29, 2011

    Haha, your animation is great! It reminds me of Gollum from LOTR ;)
    Gorgeous color palette in this outfit. I also like the combination of textures. New fave, for sure :)

    ReplyDelete