Thursday, June 16

More Toys


You all recognize this one. I could never get on with the Holga but I love my Diana F+. I always check the toy section at charity shops but I've never been able to find an original Diana or clone with their individual leaks and lens distortions yet. Given it's current popularity I am not holding my breath ;) This kid will do just fine :)


Yes, you guessed it, I've been hoarding film for the Polaroid EE100 special too. Good intentions also extend to using this babe, especially as soon as the 100 series film is already available again!


The Kodak six-20 brownie model E was manufactured in the 40s and 50s. Unfortunately it takes 620 film spools which aren't easily available but you'll find some photo labs do sell suitable film (i.e. 120 film rolled on to 620 spools)


This is a 'Made in Austria' Eumig Eumigette 2 super 8 camera my Dad used in the early 80s. Eventually I'll bite the bullet and get myself some film to play with (Film/processing is rather an investment) :)






Another Agfa, this is probably an incarnation of the Agfa Ansco folding camera, no idea which though. Isn't she a doll? You actually get three apertures and four speeds to choose from and the previous owner carved his initials in the stand. :)

That's that guys. You've seen most my cameras now :)
Eventually I'll show you some of the photos taken with these too, but that might be a while in the making. I have a habit of accumulating lots of rolls of film and then getting them all processed in bulk months or more accurately: years later. This practice often leaves me unsure as to which camera each roll emerged from. Doh.
Well, cue good intentions. ;) If a blog post isn't incentive enough for a more ordered approach, what is?

8 comments:

  1. I had a film from my Lomo for over a year and finally got it developed - blank!!! the film didn't wind on properly (not that I can remember what I took photos of). 

    You have a wonderful collection of camera's.
    ^U^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityJune 16, 2011

    Very nice collection, Stef. I've been weary to start collecting too many cameras since film and processing is so expensive. I forget which film came from which camera sometimes, too. I have to write it down to keep things straight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnnaBananaCupcakeJune 16, 2011

    They all look like such fun cameras. I would really love to see what comes out of them. 
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. sparrowandurchinJune 16, 2011

    I love your collection! I wish I was better with photography!! Can I be you :)

    LaurenSparrow & Urchin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, this looks way fabulous. I adore all these shots. And I must say, DANG, you must have an array of awesome backgrounds to shoot all these cameras on. I ADORE IT.

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I would love how to see how the photos from these turn out. Please do post:)  How fun and mysterious a hobby like this could be.  

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks :) I got a few fabrics to use as backdrops a while back, other than that it's wrapping paper all the way

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, what a lovely collection you have. 
    i love the background pattern on the fabric you used!

    ReplyDelete