Thursday, June 2

Little Snowflake

Here is that last set of photos at a Belgian hotel I meant to post ages ago..


On the Belgium trip I was complemented on being "such an individual" by a couple of people. Very sweet, but I can't help but feel a little uncomfortable with that.


I express and project my individuality but we are all individuals. Sure, some of us blend in more than others on first sight but once you get to know someone, anyone - we're all as individual as each other*. We're all so alike but different in a myriad of small, little ways. I guess what I am saying is ehem I am no unique little snowflake. I am the same decaying organic matter.. ;)

I do know I am letting myself be distracted by semantics here but it is an important distinction, no? Okay. I am probably just being a ponce about it.  How ever did you guess I am no good at taking compliments? (I know, what am I doing being a style blogger LOL :D)

*Word play not originally intended but heck, was I pleased with it when I noticed.


When I thought up this post in bed last night, sounds already drifting away from me and colourful patterns swirling across my closed eyes, it was so clear to me. Everything I wanted to express in the above paragraph, which seems so clunky and off target now, between waking and sleeping I knew exactly how to convey the sentiment. As far as futuristic devices go, I'd like a mind recorder please.You know, for those elusive inner monologues.

What invention are you keenly awaiting?


dress: Tara Starlet
cardi: primark
olive tights: welovecolors
sandals: kurt geiger

10 comments:

  1. ondressingupJune 02, 2011

    An oldie but a goodie; a teleporter.

    When I get thoughts like that, I have to wake up and write it down because I know it'll never be the same if I don't. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily_RubySlippersJune 02, 2011

    a great post... how did it remain unposted for so long?! 

    I kind of agree and kind of don't.  I think that we are all individuals, obviously, but some people are so intent on subsuming their individuality that they become less so.  On the other hand, I think it's kind of ridiculous if they were complimenting you on being individual due only to your style (clothes aren't a foolproof way to know what's going on underneath). : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH YOU LOOK AMAZING. Andn seriously. That last picture tripped me out. Was staring at it for, well, too long. I still don't really get it. I guess you are just a PHOTOSHOP GODDESS.

    And I totally agree. I think that everyone in the world is really interesting. Everyone has a different story, different view, etc. It's awesome. Some definitely blend in more than others, but hey! Everyone is interesting when you get to know them. I think.


    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You individuality musings reminded me of one of my favorite Demotivator posters (http://www.despair.com/viewall.html), which has an image of snowflakes and this: "Always remember that you are unique. Just like everybody else." I love the style and print of your dress! That last photo is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :) Love that poster! I think I might use that as a desktop background at work :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prime pick! I definitely want one of those too :) More than the mind recorder actually.. Scotty?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crystal LeeJune 02, 2011

    Thank you for bringing your inner dialogue to the forefront.  You are very right about everyone being unique but similar in many ways.  I think that the person was commenting on your ability to let your individuality shine. Many people are to shy to let themselves be known. I love your use of color here, and gosh that hotel looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fashionforgiantsJune 03, 2011

    I know exactly what you mean about the "individual" comments - they feel like a bit of a dig at times.  Sort of like that old song "One of these things is not like the others..."

    But, I think it's okay not to be like the others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! I love the dress and how you accessorized it. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. "As far as futuristic devices go, I'd like a mind recorder please.You know, for those elusive inner monologues." YES! Such a device would certainly come in handy. My inner monologues are always most elusive when I'm driving and, suffice it to say, that isn't the best time to be scrambling around for pen and paper ;)

    ReplyDelete