Sunday, June 12

Hiromi curls


Since I found a salon where having my hair done doesn't recall a tooth extraction, one thing I really enjoy about going to a new stylist is seeing what they'll do with the blow dry that comes with a cut. I am sure I'd be welcome to specify what I'd like but I much prefer to see what styling they'll come up with for my fine-and-fews :)


Hiromi used a curling iron and I really like the cheerful little curls she created.
She asked me if I was going out tonight and as soon as I wasn't I figured I should at least preserve her handiwork with a little set of outfit shots.




For the past year this has been one of those pairs of earrings that was a pair no more. I don't wear singles but there are partnerless socks accumulating at the bottom of my drawer and I don't like throwing out orphaned earrings either. Lucky for me, because the other day I found its missing twin in my spare make-up bag.


You can get a better view of my necklace in a previous post over here.


Happy Sunday!



Graffiti by Blight Society

dress: modcloth
earrings: accessorize
belt: supermarket (asda)
purple tights
clogs: h&m (present)

18 comments:

  1. your hair looks lovely! i have such a problem with getting to a salon as well. i always get super worried about going and having them mess up my hair. especially them cutting it too short after i've been trying to grow it out. anyway, i'm jealous of that dress. i so wish i would've gotten it. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is so pretty! And your hair looks great, too - The curls with the dress and that style of shoe remind me of the 40s and 50s. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oranges_and_applesJune 12, 2011

    your hair looks amazing! I can never ever get curls to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, your hair looks so pretty! I love the loose, springy curls. Your dress is cool too...great silhouette and print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crystal LeeJune 12, 2011

    love the graffiti & the cute curls & the adorable earrings! you're a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks lovely! I love finding a hairdresser who couldn't double as a butcher... haha! Loving this dress on you too, which I'm sure I've said before, bu it really fits you perfectly :D
    Also, your earrings are darling! Hooray for finding the missing twin!
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks great! And the outfit is perfection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! I love being able to leave it all up to my hairdresser - my current hairdresser is like a mind reader and I love it! These curls are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks gorgeous in these shots! Great idea to immortalize your fresh 'do with outfit photos!  In other news, I LOVE the print on this dress and yay for finding lost earrings! 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also, lots of exclamation points in that last comment! Wow!  haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emily_RubySlippersJune 13, 2011

    Exceptionally great background!  And yay for finding missing earrings.  That is always the height of annoyance.  I also love seeing how the hairdresser will style my hair, and get so disappointed when they just sort of dry it and leave it.  I really like the sort of 1930s-esque curls you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love getting my hair done at the salon because I am the worst at styling my own. The only problem is I can never get it to look the same the next day! I love your curls! And the print on your dress is pretty fantastic as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The curls look so nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful graffiti.  I truly like what this stylist has done with your hair.  Have you tried to duplicate it on your own?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not so hot with a curling iron unfortunately but I've been messing with wet sets again now my hair is a little longer. Not the same but similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityJune 16, 2011

    Oh, you're wearing my dress again ;)
    Your hair looks so lovely curled! It's always a relief when a hair stylist does something to your hair that doesn't make you want to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I ADORE what you had done with your hair here! It's that cute acorn dress again!!!

    ReplyDelete