Sunday, May 15

No rest for the wicked


My plaid skirt died a death and it took me all of five seconds to fill it's empty hanger (which isn't empty yet because I may have to hold a funeral in order to make myself actually bin it). Anyway, new skirt. Consumerism strikes again :D

The splashes of colours almost look like impressionistic florals. Like the shapes of clouds it is a matter of interpretation - Rorschach skirt? ;)



It's an elasticated waist - the first I've owned in years and years. Eventually I am probably going to shorten the hem but this morning I just doubled the fabric around the elastic cuffing it and comfortably turned it from a mid calf affair into a knee length. Ea-sy. I think I could get into elastic :)


This is my first foray into two tone fingernails. I did a thin layer of a soft pink over a soft purple and then used masking tape to apply blue to the top half of each nail. Pretty pre-school when you see it close up but not too bad for a first try. I think I'll be putting that roll of masking tape to use again soon :)


I took these on Friday after work. It was touch and go between a nap and an outfit post but in the end I figured "no rest for the wicked" and cycled off towards the close by Country Park. I've been using my back-up bike lately (so handy to have a fallback). Dusty had a flat tire which got fixed today* so of course I had to celebrate being reunited with my favourite ride right away. Cycling in skirts and heels is so much easier on a shopper. No more oil stains!


*today being Friday. Time travel rules!

sunnies: claire's
wrap blouse: h&m years ago
brooch: ark
bracelet: primark
cardi: modcloth
jacket: h&m years and years ago
skirt: etsy (CovetedVintage)
carry on: etsy (modified)
heels: office

26 comments:

  1. Emily_RubySlippersMay 15, 2011

     I love the colours of that new skirt... and well done on actually waiting for the other one to die first.  Hehe. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new skirt! But then - I'm happy with anything that has pleats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oranges_and_applesMay 15, 2011

    lovely lovely lovely skirt! such sweet, springy colours! And that bottom photo is going on my tumblr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha you are scary with that mask!! :D but I'm loving the sweet pastels on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5.  The skirt is wonderful and it was an amazing colour and shape! :) I'm so glad I found this blog, the photos are truly inspiring <3

    ReplyDelete
  6.  I love the print on the skirt and the whole color palette for that matter...I'm such a sucker for impressionistic looking things:)  You are quite a wiz with photoshop.  That last one made me laugh, as did the death of the plaid skirt.  I always enjoy the wittiness of your photo creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic splash of floral and pastel in a green background. Love, love your last pic, wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! The pastels are amazing, especially that sweet little bow on the jackets. That last picture is so interesting, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9.  yay for pastels and replacement skirts. RIP your plaid skirt though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityMay 15, 2011

    Rorschach skirt - haha, love that. While it is a shame your pretty plaid skirt as died, this is a beautiful replacement. Perhaps instead of banishing the old skirt to the trash bin you could use the fabric for something else? Maybe you could fashion a headband or scarf? Or sachets? 

    ReplyDelete
  11.  Loving the last pic! Lovely skirt! 

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are SUCH an awesome photographer/digital editor!  That second photo is in a gorgeous location and you always achieve the perfect balance of featuring both the landscape and the outfit prominently.  Also, I love your nails, and welcome back to the world of elastic waistbands.

    ReplyDelete
  13.  LOVE the floral skirt my dear. But I am very sad to hear about the death of the plaid skirt. It's a wonderful replacement though!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14.  Love your skirt so much! the pleats and print are so perfect! lovely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15.  Yikes! A plaid skirt dying is indeed a tragedy, says me who luuuuvs plaid.  The pleated floral skirt is a lovely replacement.  

    ReplyDelete
  16.  lovely outfit! what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17.  Your picnic table picture is the best! You are so creative and talented with the photo editing- its marvelous and dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the soft colours of your outfit and it looks perfect for a relaxing bicycle ride. The second picture of you is gorgeous, you're lucky to have such a lush park nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea! The fabric is pretty worn but it could live on as a headband or fabric necklace.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. roz fashionMay 16, 2011

     Pleats AND print - perfect combination! HAve also just scrolled down to your dolls house post of last week, now featuring as your wonderful header. Just brilliant! I have a 70s Lundby dolls house. I'm extremely envious of the furniture in yours!

    ReplyDelete
  21.  I love the shape and print of the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  22.  Okay for a second there I really thought you had friends joining you in that last photo!!  The mask was a great fun touch :)  So glad you didn't nap, but then again I'm very selfish..

    ReplyDelete
  23. fashionforgiantsMay 17, 2011

    Pleats and florals?  This skirt is heaven.  All of the pleated skirts I've been thrifting have elasticized waistbands too and I'm totally spoiled by how comfy they are.  I figure I'm halfway down the slippery slope to elasticized jeans. 

    ReplyDelete
  24. kalyncagleMay 17, 2011

    Your outfit is adorable! And I looove your nails, suuppeeer cute. (: great pictures also!!

    XOXO.
    K.

    kalynblairecagle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25.  love those funky photos girl! you know how to work with pastel colors and not many people do. love love love the skirt! the print and the colors are amazing 

    ReplyDelete