Saturday, May 7

More Kodak Moments

Here are some more family photographs :)
Last time I told you you'd hear about one Mister Schartner's grocery habits and here he is with his wife:



Ok. Let's try and get this right: These two are my great-great-great-aunt and uncle. They lived in Vienna and on visits bald Mister Schartner would amuse his young niece (my Grandma) by polishing his head.

He was particular about grocery shopping. That is he really didn't like to be seen carrying shopping bags - especially not more than one. So he would go.. to the butchers for instance, return home and ring the door bell. At this point his wife would lower a basket from the window of their flat and hoist up the goods while he set off to the next shop.

See those earrings? The lady with the awesome floral dress gave these to my Grandma who in turn gave one of them to me. I think I might have the closure altered to make it into a pendant. :)



The reverse of this image reads "daytrip to Mödling" but my Grandma says this was actually the photographer's car. :) On the backseat you can see my great-great-great grandma and great-great grandma again, I am not too sure about the rest of the party.



There's that stole again and what a hat! Also, a lapdog I never noticed until I scanned this photo :)


This photo was taken to commemorate a "golden wedding anniversary". Fifty years. My Great-grandma stands to the right of the couple and her husband is right behind her.

Next time, all about motorcycles and my great-grandfather's refusal to smile in photographs. :)

Happy weekend everybody!

13 comments:

  1. These photos are amazing - I love hearing the stories behind them. Please keep posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic old pics. Thanks a lot for sharing.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shots are great! I'm dying over the vintage clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal LeeMay 07, 2011

    Amazing family photos. You are so lucky to have em' given their age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old photos are the best, especially of your own family! I just love that last one, what a lovely story:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these family photos!!! the last one is amazing and one to frame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tremendous photos!!! The one in the car is particularly wonderful - those hats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily_RubySlippersMay 08, 2011

    Keep them coming! Enjoying this trip through family history with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I can't believe how lovely these photos still are! I have photos of my childhood that look much less crisp and clear, and that was the early 80's! I love the grocery story. I hope someone amuses me by polishing his head someday...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityMay 11, 2011

    Loved the grocery store, it took me awhile to find the dog, and you should make the earring you have into a pendant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cool! I love looking at old photographs, unfortunetley I dont have very many. I have one of a great-uncle and that's about as far back as I have! Maybe cameras didn't make it over to Canada for a loooooong time! Keep these old pics coming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is silly of me, but I thought the three women and the dog were also sitting in the car! Then common sense took hold.

    ReplyDelete
  13.  I think they are - or sitting on the edge? Not sure but I think they're squeezed in there :)

    ReplyDelete