Monday, May 9

Flora

Florals | Everybody, Everywear
Behold! My second Everybody Everywear challenge :) Florals!



If you've been following Diversions for a little while you might well be sick of this dress by now. I've worn it a lot over the past year. So much so, it's getting towards being unsuitable for work. Holes. Ugh. Oh well, I remixed the hell out of it though I didn't post all that many of my stylings. Here are a few:


As if by magic (or through compulsive searches.. flutter, floral, ruffle, liberty - BINGO!) I found a gorgeous 70s floral dress on etsy the other day which reminds me of a thirties dress I've been pining after ever since I let it slip through my fingers deeming it too pricey. I love a good thrift but nothing beats etsy for finding something rather specific in your size.






New shoes!

The husband was channel surfing the other day and zap! we saw a few seconds of "Fashion Police": A gaggle of plastic faced dermal filler addicts sitting around a table toasting each other with bubbly. I wish I could have taken a screen cap. Hilarious. I dress by my own rules thank you very much.

As far as I am concerned all colour combinations can work and pattern mixing rocks. However, I always agreed that sandals look odd worn with socks or tights. I like to keep my super long yet squashy toes hidden (let's face it, feet look like feet) so I haven't owned peep toes in over a decade. Well, I figured I might as well get over myself. I shall wear these with tights thank you very much: Keeping my freaky toes camouflaged, my feet cool and best of all: Breaking the rules!

Have a great start to the week! :)

wig: eBay
hairband: belt from this dress
sunnies & earrings: Claire's
dress: Tara Starlet
belt: from another dress
cardi: modcloth
jacket: zara via time enough for drums
heels: office

25 comments:

  1. Emily_RubySlippersMay 09, 2011

    That first picture looks like something from an editorial! I could never get sick of that dress on you. It's so sad when good clothes die... so just bite the bullet and buy its replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely setting for this outfit, I particularly like the first photo! You look perfect for spring in this outfit, you're definitely rockin' the tights & peep toe combo (and I'm coveting those shoes).

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have barely been reading your blog lately (school is wrapping up and so busy)... it makes me sad! anyway, definitely not tired of this dress; it is truly amazing. and your shoes are such a good find! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roz ClothescamerasandcoffeeMay 09, 2011

    But of course, why wouldn't one wear a dress like this as much as possible. With your inventive styling, it transcends seasons. Definitely perfect for wafting around flower-filled gardens right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you've worn this dress to death; everything from the color to the cut is just perfect on you! And I've seen "Fashion Police" a few times and agree that those people are pretty ridiculous. Keep on wearing what you love and never let anyone convince you that you are anything but gorgeous and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love this dress - somehow you've made it so versatile! And I'm new to the sandals-with-tights thing too, but I'm digging it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a newer reader, so I'm not sick of this dress yet. Just wanted to say that I love it. You look great in it. (Next time you should re-mix it with your pink wig ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, that's a brilliant idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the sandals, and the dress! swoon! i also prefer thrifting but sometimes you're looking for something specific that actually fits.
    lovely, as walsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. AmberBlueBird83May 09, 2011

    I love all the ways you have styled this beautiful dress

    ReplyDelete
  11. girl-about-townMay 09, 2011

    Cute blog! Love your style!

    Girl about Town XxX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you DOUBLED on florals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lady you look amazing. this look is awesome. I love all the pastels. I swear i saw those sunnies in topshop last year and was so close to buying them until i saw the price tag.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this dress. I think it is amazing. As I mentioned today on my blog, I'm not one for pastels, but I would totally rock this dress. You look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. AnnaBananaCupcakeMay 10, 2011

    I love your tights with sandals, and that beautiful dress. I love all the ways you've styled it but this might be my very favorite one.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you :) I got them at Claire's but I've seen the same shape frames in other places since :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH my goodness. I've just found you through EBEW, so I've never seen that dress before, but I honestly don't think I could be sick of it. The dress + sunglasses + beautiful earrings are absolutely perfect.

    I also feel the same way about tights/socks + sandals, but am slowly being converted by fashion blogs :) I want to try it. But then again, that's also partially because I live in a place that still has dreary weather in May.

    ReplyDelete
  18. girl keep rocking that dress till it shreds! and even then it'll probably still look good! looove it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm warming up to the idea of socks and sandals too. I have yet to try it, but I'm liking it more and more as I see it on others. Great job rocking that floral dress!

    ReplyDelete
  20. mmm...I think the cloggy-socky goodness is perfect here with the soft floral pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Emily, Resplendent TranquilityMay 11, 2011

    I don't think it's possible to get tired of this dress. It's a shame it's starting to get holes, though. Hopefully you can mend them or they can be strategically covered up by another garment/accessory.



    I'm usually pretty open to wearing socks/tights with sandals. The one combination that makes me cringe is socks with Birkenstocks. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ShellySaberMay 11, 2011

    What a sweet little dress, great find + love your shades!

    xoShelly
    www.gslillian.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. These photos remind me of Virginia Woolf from the movie "The Hours", I am not really sure how. But the hazy feel, floral dress, dark hair.......something does it. Beautiful photos.


    Love


    Tashrin

    Twitter - @ishrattrishna

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing Sunnies!!


    http://lipstickandruffles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete