Friday, April 15

Long range



I'd gone out to take this photo at a local bridge I've used as a location a few times now when I was invited to have a look inside the gun range underneath (where the supports are). Nope. I didn't know there was a gun range under the bridge. I was so excited I am sure I did a good impression of a three year old on her birthday :)

I am looking to return with some different equipment for a second go :)





You can just make out the curved shape of the bridge :) I've cycled across above here countless times :) You can hear the wind howl and there is a steady, slow dripping form a pipe. For a moment I felt disoriented emerging out of this windowless space into the bright day. I'd forgotten it was light out.





Not that you can see my outfit that well (somehow the outfit part slipped my mind at the prospect of self-portraits at a gun range). It 's the only time I recall ever buying items as prearranged in store. The blouses were hanging right next to the skirts and it was obvious they were made for each other. I guess I got so used to the combination I never felt it was special enough for an outfit shoot until now. One summer not so long ago I practically lived in it :)

beret: eBay
jacket: zara via Time Enough for Drums
blouse & skirt: H&M years ago

10 comments:

  1. oranges_and_applesApril 15, 2011

    oooh, a gun range! I would find that quite scary, but also exciting I must admit! the photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitsune-kunApril 15, 2011

    wow! what a neat location. veeerrryyy cooooll. love the plaid skirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gun range gives an uncomfortable edginess to this look...like you're a target!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal LeeApril 15, 2011

    wow! what an amazing location. I think your jacket is especially fitting for the location. love the muted colors of your outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa...way cool location. I loved how you captured the kind of vast creepy feeling of the gun range. The muted, pastel tones of your outfit are lovely...especially in the cold neutral background. Amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well written post - I felt like I was there with you. Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily_RubySlippersApril 16, 2011

    It's funny how things from the same store always seem to go together. I have to remind myself to mix them up at times, but in the case of these, they do go really well.

    And wow to the location! I'm with Terri.. you do seem a bit of a target!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible location! It's amazing! That first shot - with the light is particularly impressive. And how odd - a shooting range tucked away under a bridge?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the plaid skirt. I have been feeling plaid for the Spring (especially in pastels).

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the first picture.. it's lovely! but even more than that i love going to the shooting range. it's very fun, i especially love using colt 45s.

    ReplyDelete