Monday, January 24

Salt River



I am only showing you one of the doors rather than the good bit here but if you like a cold beer you should most certainly pay the Augustiner Bräu Mülln a visit. It is one big old beer hall and if you're a carnivore you'll enjoy it far more than me ;) They have a great selection of cold meats and sausages to soak up all that drink :)



On the way to the river



On one of the numerous bridges across the Salzach looking towards the Festung Hohensalzburg and historic centre of town still wrapped in morning mist.



Meet my other half :)



And last but not least:

I went skiing for the first time in over 9 years! My Dad and I used to go skiing together all the time and we always had a lot of fun on these Father-Daughter Days. This year was no exception :) It was great to stand on those boards again. I'd never used carvers/parabolic skis before but you don't see anything but on the slopes nowadays. I must say they're pretty forgiving and you don't have to lift your skis to turn (though you can if you like. I like).

I was relieved to find that skiing = cycling. It all comes back in no time, even after near enough a decade!





Vanity commands me to tell you that these photos were taken on my second run of the day so I wasn't quite back to my usual skiing prowess just yet. ;)


Hat: ex Mom's
Scarf: ex Mom's
Dress: Lipstick Vogue
Sweater: Superstore
Skirt: Etsy (vintage)
Boots: Present

Jacket worn skiing: Mom's
Earmuffs: Accessorize

22 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an awesome time, lovely pictures!! And your outfit is really nice too!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are and look fantastic, and so does your other half.
    Wonderful photos!!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely outfit

    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! lovely photos!

    x
    Alexandra

    www.alexandragrecco.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the skiing shots- gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've never been skiing! living in california does have it's disadvantages. you look like a natural!
    that skirt is just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what a view on the way to the river. that is so so so so breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job skiing. I've never gone skiing. When I was 13 and 14, my middle school boyfriend was a ski instructor but we broke up because he cuddled with a ski bunny. That's not why I don't ski though. . just haven't haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg. i love this and i love seeing you ski!!
    it put a smile on my face.
    i love skiing but have not gone in a few years..its so refreshing having the cold air blowing in your face..(minus falling and having cold snow in your face...lol.)
    your river picture is so so so BEAUTIFUL. <3
    have a wonderful week love!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Skiing looks so graceful but my one attempt was enough to keep my feet flat on the ground, albeit indoors in Dubai. Although I would think about trying it again if I could wear a pair of earmuffs like yours - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah I miss skiing. I used to go all the time, but now I live in a flat place with no snow...
    You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the skiing shots are just amazing! It looks wonderful. I haven't been skiing in about 15 years and I don't trust myself to pick it up again like a bicycle since I'm not that co-ordinated :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful that the skiing came back to you so well. I loved the .gif image and the introduction to your other half. The photo of the morning mist is enchanting to my midwestern American sensibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to meet your other half! And the town looks beautiful too. Skiing was something I never really learned. Started with cross country, then moved and went snowboarding for one day, but never really took it up. One day, maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love the .gif of you skiing! I must confess I've never been skiing but I have a feeling I would be absolutely horrible at it (athletic endeavors of any kind really are not my strong suit...)!

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your skiing outfit is even awesome! I am obsessed with giant doors. Kinda weird but there is a store in the mall that just opened and it has giant wooden doors to get in and I never want to leave it!! I guess thats when happens when every building here was built after 1980. You crave some history and uniqueness!

    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pictures are so so beautiful! I love the GIF of you skiing, I dont remember ever seeing anything so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your boots and that scarf! So pretty!

    I'm jealous of your skiing. I haven't been this year and it's making me SO sad! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love your outfit!! tres chic! love your gif, too. What program do you use? I am still trying to figure them out!

    thanks for your comment, following you :)

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  19. you're a doll! thanks! does that site put a trademark at the bottom of the photo? i see yours doesnt have one!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these photos! It has been years since I went skiing but I went snowboarding a few years back and it was so much fun! It makes me wish it actually snowed around here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. cutest gif ever! i've only been skiing once, and i LOVED it. it looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always used to envy my friends who skied/boarder regularly and actually liked it. I went snowboarding a few times, but the whole concept failed to thrill me. You look like a natural, though! That's great that the skill came back after such a long time. Did your husband hit the slopes, too?

    The misty river photo made me gasp aloud. It must be a stunning sight in real life!

    ReplyDelete