Tuesday, January 18

Fortress Hohensalzburg



This one was taken up at the Nonnberg again (remember, Maria's convent) when we were walking up to the fortress. There is the Festungsbahn railway in case you're not the rambling type but unless you're schlepping small kids up there you'll reach the Festung Hohensalzburg in no time on foot so I wholeheartedly recommend the scenic route (sure seemed like a long way when I was last up there in primary school though..)



Anyone for a Prisoner reference? I kept waiting for Rover to make an appearance every time I saw one of these little tourist information booths..





The museum in the Festung is good fun. Lots of portraits of mustachioed men looking ever so important and busts of the very same. The above is a detail from a diorama of an alpine first world war phone switchboard









So I am the proud owner of not just one but two Dirndls now :) Seriously, I am spoiled rotten (danke Mama & Papa). My wardrobe is now chocker. :D As soon as there is no room for a second wardrobe in our shoe box home (and I am none too sure that would be a good idea even if we had the space) I think I had better concentrate on remixing until further notice. 50/365 here I come! (Although that might be a 60 or 70/365 after recent additions. I refuse to count! :D )

Can't wait to show you the dress in more detail. The hidden collar is rather lovely :)

Scarf: ex Mom's
Dirndl: Present (H. Moser outlet)
Cardi: Present (Lanamoden Salzburg)
Boots: Present

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic Photos...Must visit one day...
    Love your whole outfit, especially the embroidered cardigan.
    It is going to be interesting to see your 50 remixes. Looking forward to it.
    Have a superb day my friend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look completely beautiful! I love your outfit, you are so creative with what you wear. And what a lucky gal to live in such a historic place. I love old things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crazy about all of these colors you've put together. That scarf totally does it for me. Lovely!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. all the green and orange!!! I love the combination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that door!!! I'm pretty jealous, must admit, that you've access to such architectural treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dirndl looks great in these photos - such a beautiful green! And you're killing me with that cardigan. It, too, is beautiful.

    GREAT photo of the old switchboard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look very fitting with your surroundings! I love that green skirt.

    www.clothedmuch.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous place, i want to go!! you look so pretty in green, and i love those glasses! how nice your parents are providing you with extra clothes (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful skirt! Is that an overskirt/apron I see.

    And those mustaches. A person could do pull ups on them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've sure got the right location for the dirndl! Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a great style! I love your multi-layered look! The detail on that sweater is just divine. Thanks for your comment, I really appreciate it! Following you now, your winter skirts and dresses are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the shots and your Dirndl is so pretty! I have one in my wardrobe and I totally love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. Those guys have the best moustaches
    2. You are perfectly channeling some Maria von Trapp, ironically or no

    and
    3. I'll join you in that 60 or 70/365. That is to say, I already am joining you! Ah, shoeboxes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely LOVE the colours of your outfit! They are so warm. I am also totally jealous of your travels. I so so so wish I was back in Europe. Canada is so boring :(

    Shy

    ReplyDelete