Sunday, January 2

Follow me Down











I am loving this closet share I've got going with my Mom. That is, it was only a one-way share and spoiled child that I am there was more gifting than the originally planned borrowing :)



This pretty brooch used to be Mitzi's. You can see a photo of the original owner taken just around the turn of the last century here. For the photo I placed it on the cover of a "dignified novel for young ladies" I found on a flea market. "The Castle Secret" by Sofie von Follenius predictably ends in "a very pleasnt engagement party" and will make for a fun little sketchbook :)



This is Mitzi's doll. I rather like old bisque dolls like this, not despite of but because they always look a little disconcerting with their big glass eyes and round little teeth. :)


Sweater: Mom's
Scarf: Mom's (now mine :) )
Brooch: Mom's - originally Mitzi's
Belt: Mom's
Skirt: Vintage (Etsy)
Boots: Present

17 comments:

  1. Eee, I don't mind the eyes but I don't much fancy the teeth on that doll! Like you, whenever I'm home I'm constantly in to everybody else's stuff. I keep hoping my mom will give me the glass elephant necklace that my grandfather "acquired" during the war, but so far it's lend-only! I do like Mitzi's brooch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you in blue, adore the brooch.
    Disconcerting is a very good word for the look of old dolls, hehehee.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and my mum have a similar sort of closet share...I love your outfit, the brooch is so sweet! These pictures are awesome too.
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love so much about this post! The fact that these are your mom's things...the brooch...the color...the tunnel...the snow...it all has such a great "feel" to it! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find the neatest places to take photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah! those teeth are frightening. i like your pins however, i've been looking for some like that for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have a gift if you can take a scary tunnel and turn it into a pretty photo-shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the brooch is wonderful and what an excellent spot to shoot your photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha pure awesome. i love that you're sharing clothes with your mom and the color palette of your outfit!! so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the setting you chose for your photographs! You look just lovely, and I like the scarf.
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty scarf!!
    Thanks for following my blog, I wanna let you know that I am hosting a giveaway to all my followers, come check it out! Big Hair And Bikinis GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mom has cool things that you wear them and such. hehe. Love the whole mysterious unknown feeling I get when looking at these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok yeah Mitzi's doll kinda freaks me out a little bit, hehe. But the brooch is so beautiful! I really love it with the scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this change of setting, it's beautiful! You always wear blue so well, it's gorgeous.

    Thank you for sharing your winter wonderland with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the first picture!

    -Samantha

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This spot in AMAZING! I love that first pic! I;m gonna go watch your tutorials now!

    Shy

    ReplyDelete