Thursday, December 23

Have yourself a merry little Christmas



My Mom received this little angel as a gift while she was pregnant and was asked to pass it on to her unborn child, me.



This is Yule Log. No really, it is. You'll just have to use your imagination a little :D Mind you, I wouldn't complain being dished up an up scaled version of this sweet, looks like the ratio of filling of my dreams. :D



I'd been wondering how to make miniature streamers for ages and then came across these festive little pipe cleaners in the local wool shop. Perfect :)



I got the little car in a bargain bin at a vintage fair. I love the way the little couple driving along is visible from the front and from the side :)



I was rather pleased with my miniature card making. I felt a little like Mister Bean making these (he writes Christmas cards to himself including heart felt well wishes) and check out the indistinct cookies fresh out the oven. Yummie ;)



"Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho." from Die Hard (1988)
If you were wondering what's on TV. It 's Die Hard. It was a Christmas release so what could be more fitting? Well, I can think of a few but work with me here :D



Have yourself a happy little holiday. Actually, why little? Make it a BIG one :D

11 comments:

  1. Wow this is amazing, I always wanted a dolls house when I was younger...love the miniature books by the tv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I love the die hard thing there. so funny. the yule log is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "Die Hard" on the tv. Nice touch. What neat little miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pretty gold stars in the box by the yule log and cookies? What are they for?
    I love all your cute little things! Charming :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love this!!! I love the tile floor the most, I think. I had a dollhouse when I was a kid that I was obsessed with--I remember I had a bookcase filled with tiny books that all had blank pages, and I would spend hours "writing" in them to fill them up. Kind of Mr. Bean-like, I suppose.
    Happy Holidays to you!
    xo
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, so cool. I love that you have diehard on the tv instead of a xmas story or something. If I ever found myself shrunk up ("drink me"), I want to live in one of your miniature worlds (but want a working bigscreen tv anyways)

    ReplyDelete
  7. On top of your Christmas dollhouse scenes being absolutely incredible, your reference to Mister Bean writing cards out to himself gave me a good laugh. Oh, and I spotted a little issue of Frankie magazine atop the television. Love that Frankie :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE your blog. it's so original! i must also say that i look forward to seeing the pictures of the little house. if there was a way to shrink myself down and live in it i would want to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at all of the miniatures! Such lovely photographs by the way...so painfully precious in the best way possible. Nice job.

    Happy holidays!
    Myriam from Myriad of Mischief
    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy big holiday to you too! As for the dollhouse, I'm kind of speechless. And enjoying that Die Hard is on TV. And really enjoying the sideways couple in the car...

    Merry Christmas Stef!

    ReplyDelete