Wednesday, November 17

Cellarer's Chequer


hehe, this dress goes crazy in the wind it 's such a light, flowy fabric.



Two sets of tights again (and let 's not mention the sweater repetition) :) Double tights is my favourite winter trick, at least until I find some more knee highs to pair with my solid colour tights. So far I've only seen grey and dull brown pairs (lots of them) but not white, cream, mustard or the warm browns I am looking for. Or at least not in my price range. Maybe I should just learn how to knit my own. I am a bit scared of doing heels..





Cellarer's Chequer is one of two remaining buildings belonging to Barnwell priory. Built in the 13th century it looks rather like an odd sort of cobbled together barn. To me there 's something slightly disconcerting about architecture from the middle ages.

This place is locked but I'll never forget the feeling upon entering a squat little church, stood lonely in the middle of a field. Built more than eight centuries ago the thick walls made the entrance appear like a claustrophobic tunnel and the temperature difference gave me the creeps. No surprise people feel such places haunted when a cold shiver runs down your spine as soon as you set foot in them.

Dress: Tara Starlet
Sweater: Superstore (food shopping is fatal.. I always drift off into the clothing aisle)
Glass bow brooch: Ark Cambridge
Gangster two tones: Zoe via eBay

20 comments:

  1. I think you are so unique and I always love all your posts all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Love the two tone brogues :)

    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love those tights and shoes! you look great in lavender =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! Come check mine out and maybe we can follow each other? : )

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that dress! The pattern and colors are so lovely. Ha, I like how you described medieval architecture as disconcerted. It does seem that way, doesn't it? I love how rich Europe is in ancient and fascinating architecture. I'm always awed when I visit places several hundred years old over here, but nothing beats being immersed in the very old relics across the pond ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it, so perfect!

    http://fashionhandglide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the doubled up tights, and those shoes!



    In Class, En Vogue

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute dress and your shoes are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Places which are so old and so full of history make me feel as if they've seen too much and have their beady eyes set on me. I adore the floral pattern of your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stumbled upon your blog & love your clothes & your blog! Definitely following :)
    Take Care,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a pretty dress. Great sweater, also. :)SarahD

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohmyohmy what a lovely shoes! they look so cute!
    and i really like the tights, looks so good.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. totally fabulous, love the prints :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the dress! I also have one that gives me lots of unwished for Marilyn moments, now that it's cold enough for tights it's finally getting some wear! ; )

    I'm pretty sure I saw cream knee-highs in Dorothy Perkins a couple of weeks ago, for about £3?

    ReplyDelete
  15. this outfit is amazing about nine different ways. the tights the shoes the patterns the textures. and you look ever so cute! I can't tell you how enamored I am! Not only that, but thanks muchly for the description of the little church! sounds deliciously creepy!


    heart: Kimberellie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must find some grey tights so that I can try this trick!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi i'm your new follower:)
    love your outfits and those shoes are simply beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. love from head to toe gorgeous outfit the lace tights are perfect! great blog i'm now following

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!! Love the tights trick, and may have to try it out!

    -Weezy

    http://beautysimplistic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Je découvre ton blog et whouah!
    Ton sytle est incroyable!
    Je ne m'habillerais pas comme ça mais je trouve ça fun! :D

    ReplyDelete