Saturday, October 9

I Say Autumn



Sometimes finding something you weren’t even looking for is even better than sourcing the real life counterpart of a long held clothing dream. This tangerine wrap skirt I never knew I wanted. Combining orange corduroy with peach rickrack and ribbon tie, how could I not long to wear this? As soon as I saw it, I knew it’d go perfectly with my (no longer imaginary) red dream boots. I imagined how it might brighten dreary winter days and ease snowy walks to work and back home.



I am a daydreamer. Every time I fall in love with a piece of clothing I expect as soon as I zip it up, fasten the final button, tie that bow, that piece of cloth and stitching will transform my whole being. Of course that never happens but some clothes can make you sit up a little bit straighter and put a spring in your step. Maybe one day I'll find a piece that 'll turn me into a superhero after all :)



Picking out colourful outfits on misty, grey mornings adds some epic to humdrum days. I am quite pleased it 's been keeping me from hibernating so far (knock on wood). Every time the rain lets up I head out with my camera. That has been playing a major role in keeping me active this Autumn as well as reminding me that the rain is not quite as ceaseless as it appears. Well, I am certainly not curling up in my cave just yet :D

Today 's Perm-Day by the way. To be or not to be a poodle?
You'll find out during the next speck of sunshine.
Meanwhile: Happy weekend you guys!

Top: Vintage
Brooch: Etsy
Skirt: Anabelfuzz
Boots: Corral

5 comments:

  1. This outfit is so pretty and colorful.
    I love the details on your skirt! Good luck with your hair =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. That outfit is to die for! I love it. The colors are beautiful together! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looked through a couple of pages of your blog and I love your style so much, you are so damn adorable! This outfit especially, love those colours.

    P.s. I totally understand what you mean about clothes being a shield sometimes. When I say identities to hide behind, I feel like that also... or rather I felt because I sort of realised that this outfit searching was partially identity searching and most especially I realised that all these "identities" are actually just part of me. Anaïs Nin once said or wrote “Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death.” and that's what it feels like and what I touched way too briefly in my post.

    ReplyDelete