Tuesday, October 12

Die Ehe der Maria Braun



The Other Half was watching Die Ehe der Maria Braun | The Marriage of Maria Braun today and it didn't take long for me to get sucked in. Even if you don't like flawed characters this film is worth it for the outfits alone.

Fassbinder's drama set during the last days of the Second World War and post war Germany follows Maria Braun, a young soldier's wife who prefers making miracles to waiting for them.

I'll give away no more and move on to the screen captures which there are lots of as my editing skills have abandoned me entirely tonight :)




I adore the embroidered top :)


Isn't the hat on the left amazing? Actually the film is full of extravagant head wear and the hairdos were often elaborately arranged around these.




This one makes me feel all smug about my yellow coat ;) I love the contrast of the clothing in the ruins. What can I say, I am easily pleased! Anything a little off kilter and I am off.






Mid-week you guys :) Hope the second half goes well for you all!


4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I love this movie, beautiful story. Fassbinder so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The costumes are amazing. I would love to dress like that every day.

    On another note I had a feeling that was a weeping willow, it is gorgeous btw.

    Love from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only seen one Fassbinder film (Querelle) but this looks great. I love flawed characters and the costumes are lovely. ;]
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for your lovely comment :)) being a teen in the 90's sounds wonderful!!! lovely photos, such pretty surroundings!! following you also :) xxx

    ReplyDelete