Tuesday, September 21

Orange and Pink




Here is another short lunchtime set. Crass high noon lighting and a grumpy frown to suit a shoot out. But ey, I couldn't not show you my new wrap skirt (and the double negative just there was also really tempting).

It 's been an odd sort of day. After a short night I woke wondering if it was Thursday and in the afternoon I ended up checking to see if it was Monday after all. Reality met me in the middle ;)

I never thought I'd combine orange and pink but the peach rickrack and ribbon on the skirt are just the same colour as this top so (surprisingly) it seems to go just fine.

That 's a big part of what attracted me to this skirt in the first place actually: Peach and tangerine sounded like one dangerous combination. Corduroy to boot, how could I resist? I haven't had a wrap skirt in a while and the material is great so I think this one is going to keep me cheerful when they turn the clocks back.

BTW: The photos on here were starting to seem small to me, but are these a bit too large? What do you prefer: Before, after or somewhere inbetween? I keep changing my mind..

Blouse: Clever Nettle
Skirt: Anabelfuzz

10 comments:

  1. I love the colors in this outfit, and that skirt is fabulous! I like the photo size- works for me!
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really enjoy this outfit! I've always thought that pink and orange go wonderfully together, and I agree, you certainly couldn't pass up a corduroy orange skirt with rick rack!

    I found you through Resplendent Tranquility and I'm glad I did!

    For a chance to win a handmade Mexican necklace, join the GIVEAWAY on Ruby Slipper Journeys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit, you look so nice!! You have the loveliest bright, colourful clothes, especially all your colourful tights!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sort of freaked out when I could not see your photos the first time I loaded the site today, but the reload made it all good.

    Personally I think 14 pairs is not excessive and I am telling the truth at least from my point of view. I have 16 pairs among which a few will go to new homes soon.

    However, living in a teeny tiny apartment poses a great challenge in terms of organization of those mere 16 pirs as well. I do not even have a full closet for my stuff let alone a shoe closet.

    Hopefully soon I'll be able to do an organization post with before and after photos.

    Love from Toronto, Canada

    P.S: I am your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are super cute! That sweater top was on etsy right? I almost bought it!! Im glad you did since you look perfect in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are super cute! That sweater top was on etsy right? I almost bought it!! Im glad you did since you look perfect in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sort of freaked out when I could not see your photos the first time I loaded the site today, but the reload made it all good.

    Personally I think 14 pairs is not excessive and I am telling the truth at least from my point of view. I have 16 pairs among which a few will go to new homes soon.

    However, living in a teeny tiny apartment poses a great challenge in terms of organization of those mere 16 pirs as well. I do not even have a full closet for my stuff let alone a shoe closet.

    Hopefully soon I'll be able to do an organization post with before and after photos.

    Love from Toronto, Canada

    P.S: I am your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit, you look so nice!! You have the loveliest bright, colourful clothes, especially all your colourful tights!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I really enjoy this outfit! I've always thought that pink and orange go wonderfully together, and I agree, you certainly couldn't pass up a corduroy orange skirt with rick rack!

    I found you through Resplendent Tranquility and I'm glad I did!

    For a chance to win a handmade Mexican necklace, join the GIVEAWAY on Ruby Slipper Journeys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors in this outfit, and that skirt is fabulous! I like the photo size- works for me!
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete