Thursday, September 30

Everlasting Light


Here 's me playing Peg Bundy. Or at least that's who cinch belts always remind me of (Not feeling her leotards though). I am not so sure about my blouse. It 's two sizes too large and from some angles that shows more than from others. If I can summon the resolve it'll go in the charity shop bag after today. Then again.. how could I give up a perfectly good blouse? Ugh.
Do you ever throw out/give away clothes when there 's technically nothing wrong with them?

I found time for some shots before work today.
Since my last post the weather 's been dishing up steel grey skies and not so much drizzle as air so humid it fogs your glasses and beads on your clothes. That given I wasn't half glad I found this coat while doing the groceries earlier this week.

I guess I am meant to be used to bitter winters having grown up in Austria but tell you what:
English winters are worse. Not colder by degrees but humidity. Alpine minus twenty-something will burn your face like tiny needles but plus three over here in England makes your bones ache.
Well, I hope the sun sticks around for a little bit longer :)

I am going for the perm by the way. Although - now the appointment is made I am shaking in my boots thinking about the poodle curls I could end up with were things to go wrong. So if after next Saturday (D-Day or P-Day more like) you only see me wearing masks for the next half year you know what 's up.

And last but not least: Here 's what 's currently stuck in my mind: Everlasting Light by The Black Keys. There 's always some song looping round my brains. I keep catching myself singing snatches out loud, inadvertently torturing everyone in ear shot.

Coat: Superstore
Gloves: Superstore
Blouse: Next (years ago)
Belt: Superstore (ehem.. seems to be a rather superstore outfit today)
Skirt: Vintage
Shoes: Vintage

6 comments:

  1. You have such a lovely blog. =o)

    I love your outfit, especially the yellow jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit, the yellow coat is great! And ha! Not even close to Peg Bundy, you would have to ditch the skirt and don some shiny super-tight leggings instead, at the very least! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, perm! I hope it turns out well!
    That yellow coat is lovely. It's so bright I'm sure you are probably happy the moment you put it on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, perm! I hope it turns out well!
    That yellow coat is lovely. It's so bright I'm sure you are probably happy the moment you put it on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit, the yellow coat is great! And ha! Not even close to Peg Bundy, you would have to ditch the skirt and don some shiny super-tight leggings instead, at the very least! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a lovely blog. =o)

    I love your outfit, especially the yellow jacket.

    ReplyDelete