Wednesday, June 9

Like a Miner



Years and years ago my Grandfather told me I walk like a miner. He then proceeded to demonstrate the tiny baby steps a lady should take. I thought that looked like an awful waste of time.

This dress always makes me want to stand like a grumpy teenage wannabe-delinquent. Or maybe more like a miner.


After my lunchtime outing today the soles of my cream K's (my favourite shoes by a long shot) are coming off. I wear them a lot so it is no surprise but although I've been looking for a while I can't find a pair to replace them with. I am hopeful I might be able to make them last just a little bit longer. What do you reckon: Superglue or rubber cement?

Have a good second half to the week you all!


Dress: H&M a few years back
Brooch: Etsy
Shoes: Vintage K's

8 comments:

  1. I have a wonderful pair of gold heels that need the bottom replaced too. They are wonderful. Yellow pages maybe? Found you through Trishie! Love your blog and your style.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha wow. a miner's walk sounds rough! Must have been fun to watch him do the lady's walk though. I love the dress and that teepee looks awesome too. Those shoes are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You walk like a minor, that little quip made me giggle. I was wearing a long dress the other day that forced me to take little baby steps and it was so frustrating. I can't imagine walking like that all of the time, NO THANK'S!

    I love the pop of color your tights add, it's such a great addition to this look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool outfit!! I like your story of your grandfather teaching you how to walk like a lady. That is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a funny thing to say - you walk with a minor! Those shoes are so cute I can see why you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute mix of colors! and i recommend shoe goo for the soles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you could totally take them to a shoe repair person for $15? lol at the miner comment

    http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol, i def dont walk like a lady! whats the point? i want to get somewhere fast and little steps just wont cut it! love the tights :) xo

    ReplyDelete