Sunday, May 9

Muttertag


I got the photography bug from my Dad. There are hundreds if not thousands of slides documenting my growing up. To fully comprehend the extent of my childhood media coverage I'll have you know I even have a video of my first visit to the dentist.

I particularly like the shot above. My Mom is wearing a beautiful purple Dirndl (trad. Austrian dress) on this little spring stroll in the early eighties.

The English Mothers day has long passed but Austria celebrates on the same day as the U.S. I am atrocious with dates so Mama never knows which Mothers day I will congratulate her on. I think I shall pick up the phone and give the lady in purple a call right now.

You all have a lovely Sunday!

12 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of the lady in purple! look at the waistline!!! superbe dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful shot! You are one lucky gal to have your dad love photography so much...Not a bad bug to come down with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my parents documented my whole life with beautiful photos too :)
    that photo is so lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely photo! is that you with the pacifier?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took my Mom a good long time to convince me to give my many pacifiers to the Easter bunny. Being a big girl didn't seem to be all it was cracked up to be ;-)

    I was about 8 or 9 months old when the picture was taken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very pretty picture - I always love looking through old family images. They are always full of so much inspiration.
    Thanks for commenting! Your comment made me smile.

    http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! this is a beautiful photograph that your dad took!!! I love it!! I love your mom's dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I saw this photo I though it was of a present day vintage maven and her daughter. The quality is so amazing and the composition is perfect. Your mom had amazing style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness - what a beautiul shot!! And blog to boot, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It would be so nice to have such a documentation of my childhood! You're very lucky. He must have been talented because that shot does not look like it's from the 80's at all. It looks timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a gorgeous shot - your Mum's dress is the best!

    I've had a bit of a break from blogging but now I'm back and wanted to say hello to you! Loving how your blog is looking right now and all the changes you have made. Your outfit pictures are so cute - love your look

    Polly x

    ReplyDelete