Sunday, May 16

After Lucybelle







The top image "Lucybelle Crater with parents and husband, Lucybelle Crater" is inspired by Ralph Eugene Meatyard's The Family Album of Lucybelle Crater (if you ever get the book, be sure to pick the James Rhem edition).

Well, the other photos are re fried beans - you've already seen this photo phone booth in yesterday's post.

I bought this skirt in a moment of weakness last summer. I found it at a market stall and was so taken with the bright pattern my definition of "fitting right" became skewed. It 's a good half inch tighter round the waist than any of my other clothes. So much for setting sensible priorities: Just once in a while getting to wear a pretty skirt justifies putting your ribs in a vice.

I solemly swear to post no further pink & red ensembles this week. All the other colours have been sorely neglected ;-)

Beret: Unknown. Been around since at least the mid 90s
Scarf, top & belt: Asda
Glass brooch: Ark
Skirt: Market
Tights: eBay
Shoes: Some bargain bin
Bag: Paperchase

Masks:
My parents' are made from mod rock
My Other Half 's wearing plastic & latex

6 comments:

  1. i'm in love with the details on the the collar of the blouse. the phone booth is such a nice prop to have too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have disregarded comfort for that skirt, too. ;]
    And I love the first photo. Must have a look into the book!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love all the pink and red! And the first picture is just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love all the pink and red! And the first picture is just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have disregarded comfort for that skirt, too. ;]
    And I love the first photo. Must have a look into the book!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm in love with the details on the the collar of the blouse. the phone booth is such a nice prop to have too!

    ReplyDelete