Tuesday, May 25

A second home

My Mom's doll house now lives next to our sofa. There isn't space anywhere else but I already knew that when I first asked my parents to bring the miniature home to England on their visit. The Other Half keeps catching me staring at it. I just can't stop thinking about what to add to the house next and how to make it.

I am waiting for a couple of tiny household items to arrive in the mail but I intend to make lots more myself. First up: Books. I can't imagine a comfortable home without lots of these, so I started making tiny copies of some favourites. Magazines too for good measure ;-)







Once I have the place habitable I intend to move in (again). That should give me ample opportunity to surgh at photoshop.

10 comments:

  1. How lovely! I too hope that I can renivate my dollhouse someday. Mine is rather large and combersome so it will have to wait to be moved into again when I have a house of my own. A house for a house, makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh how adorable is that dollhouse?! It is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I so want a dolls house. Actually I have one, it's at my parents'. I await the day that I've the space to move it in with me and furnish it in midcentury wonderfulness!

    xx Charlotte
    Tuppence Ha'penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how many doll house blogs there are. It is GREAT to have so much company. CM

    ReplyDelete
  5. the detail is incredible. Your wee homemade books fit right in
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erica LucyMarch 08, 2011

    oh wow! that sounds amazing and such a fun idea! not to mention those miniatures are beautiful, really?! just amazing! love it and your ever wonderful posts! <3

    Erica
    mylittleunderground-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how many doll house blogs there are. It is GREAT to have so much company. CM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! I so want a dolls house. Actually I have one, it's at my parents'. I await the day that I've the space to move it in with me and furnish it in midcentury wonderfulness!

    xx Charlotte
    Tuppence Ha'penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhhh how adorable is that dollhouse?! It is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely! I too hope that I can renivate my dollhouse someday. Mine is rather large and combersome so it will have to wait to be moved into again when I have a house of my own. A house for a house, makes sense.

    ReplyDelete