Thursday, January 7

The dress to be: 2010 Indulgence


I just bought this pattern! I am looking forward to finding the perfect fabric and someone who will take over the actual making of it as soon as my sewing skills are not up to the task. I am daydreaming about just the right shades of colours.. lighter for the collar and then a darker one for the rest. Probbly some shade of blue? It shall be an epic search :-)

I'd actually come across a near identical dress in a vintage store a while back and just had to try it on despite the stretched seams, frayed fabric and it being much too large for me. It was one of those "I really want you" moments (yes, I talk to ill fated dressed while in changing rooms) but I knew there was no way I could wear this pretty outside my own four walls.

It was just too far gone. Finding the pattern today there was just no resisting it.

10 comments:

  1. I talk to dresses, too. That dress is going to look just darling on you, once you find the perfect fabric!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, oh, oh how cute! i love the scalloped detail. do post about the progress of the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I wish I could just pick up a pattern and sew it myself. one day maybe : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the pattern and details of the dress. so classic and vintage :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty pattern, i love the idea of the collar detailing. good luck finding the perfect fabric.

    by the way, if you look for fabric online, i love the fabrics at CraftyPlanet.com in their online store. Super retro and funky stuff in there!

    www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty pattern, i love the idea of the collar detailing. good luck finding the perfect fabric.

    by the way, if you look for fabric online, i love the fabrics at CraftyPlanet.com in their online store. Super retro and funky stuff in there!

    www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the pattern and details of the dress. so classic and vintage :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, I wish I could just pick up a pattern and sew it myself. one day maybe : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, oh, oh how cute! i love the scalloped detail. do post about the progress of the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I talk to dresses, too. That dress is going to look just darling on you, once you find the perfect fabric!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete